What's new
Actually, I had already made a pic. it's Q35

IMG_9679.jpg

which is this: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/onsemi/FDN337N/458847

So at this point what I'm doing is I've disconnected the 12v cable from the jamma edge in the Ex-Board and I'm just going to use the PSU from the back no matter what/where I take it since I don't want to risk it as this point.

Last edited:
I had been interested in picking one of these up, but I don't think it's worth it based on this thread. Anyone know if the stand-alone Arcana Heart 1/Arcana Heart Full boards have a similar architecture and suffer from similar problems?

Anyone know if the stand-alone Arcana Heart 1/Arcana Heart Full boards have a similar architecture and suffer from similar problems?
those games are on the EXAMU Nexus3D hardware, which is completely different.

I had been interested in picking one of these up, but I don't think it's worth it based on this thread. Anyone know if the stand-alone Arcana Heart 1/Arcana Heart Full boards have a similar architecture and suffer from similar problems?
yep those are on normal/regular dedicated pcbs.

But ex-boards are neat. You can copy games out of mame/chd directly onto off-the-shelf flash modules so you can have the (admittedly tiny) whole library. Daemon Bride on high-res in stereo makes my blast city feel totally bad-ass.

yep those are on normal/regular dedicated pcbs.

But ex-boards are neat. You can copy games out of mame/chd directly onto off-the-shelf flash modules so you can have the (admittedly tiny) whole library. Daemon Bride on high-res in stereo makes my blast city feel totally bad-ass.
Very tempting! I won't totally write it off. Maybe once I get a few other projects done, lol.

I messed with it for a couple minutes on my 'puter, seems to be a PC developer version so I don't know if it's ex-board ready.

I was looking at the EX board Wiki page and saw Apron of Magic, I don't feel like that wasn there last time I looked. Or has it always been there? Anyone actually have a proper cart release of it?

I noticed my EX board under a pinball while putting another board away, plugged it in and it did nothing. Figure it's probably the battery and I might mess with it later, my board has always been flaky like with having serious issues with Daemon Bride not working on it but my AH2 loading fine in the past.

Last edited:
1709156271238.png

Windows threw this fwiw
Ah, I only checked the main EXE, didn't see that thing.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/16c4e17cb685cee28c827e2239e43d132f1bcb4354085a2c63c83e2b879aa425

That looks suspicious. I'd delete that subfolder and see if it affects the game.

edit:

Alright, did some digging and found this FB post that claims the program is used to modify an EXE to change the font codepage of the app so text resources are displayed in the correct region. Whether that's true or not, it sounds like this thing can safely be removed.

1709158893303.png

Last edited:
Ah, I only checked the main EXE, didn't see that thing.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/16c4e17cb685cee28c827e2239e43d132f1bcb4354085a2c63c83e2b879aa425

That looks suspicious. I'd delete that subfolder and see if it affects the game.

edit:

Alright, did some digging and found this FB post that claims the program is used to modify an EXE to change the font codepage of the app so text resources are displayed in the correct region. Whether that's true or not, it sounds like this thing can safely be removed.

1709158893303.png
sounds good, but "nuke it from orbit" is my first plan of action :)
7zip and winrar have both had recent CVEs where an attacker can run executable files automatically upon extraction, or similar remote code execution. That's without running the effected files manually, just extracting the archive.

7zip and winrar have both had recent CVEs where an attacker can run executable files automatically upon extraction, or similar remote code execution. That's without running the effected files manually, just extracting the archive.
well that's terrifying.

sounds good, but "nuke it from orbit" is my first plan of action :)
lol which one? this happens every few years.

Back