What's new
if P9 rom is missing (e.g 8MB instead of 9MB) u should get graphic corruption for :

playable characters : Dalma and Tlaloc
shadows : Chohong and Sauri.

@rtw Thanks for pinging me. It has been explained several times how to merge the files to make it work with this multi and Mister and it's REALLY simple.
I will have to create a thread so people can do it with a simple double click.

The procedure is as follows:
* Rename teot-m1.bin as m1rom => ren teot-m1.bin m1rom
* Rename teot-s1.bin as srom => ren teot-s1.bin srom
* Concatenate teot-p1.bin and teot-p2.bin into a file called prom => copy /b teot-p1.bin + teot-p2.bin prom
* Concatenate teot-v1.bin and teot-v2.bin into a file called vroma0 => copy /b teot-v1.bin + teot-v2.bin vroma0
* To concatenate teot-c1.bin and teot-c2.bin is a bit more complex, but nothing that complicated, you just take 2 bytes of each file and save into a new file called crom0.
You can use the following python script.

About the content of the fpga file, see attached. If you are unsure about the mapping of the game, let the content of the fpga file to be "10".
i think the problem is that you cancatenate the two proms into a 9MB file. It should be done as with garou, kof2003, etc and just rename them to prom and prom1

i think the problem is that you cancatenate the two proms into a 9MB file. It should be done as with garou, kof2003, etc and just rename them to prom and prom1
Yes, you are right. Otherwise other games like Garou or KOF2003 wouldnt work.

Updated instructions to build a game in post above.

I just tried. Some of the files were named differently s1rom vs srom, p1rom vs prom1. Also the content of vroma0 was prepared for NeoSD. They swap some bytes in each block of 32 bits.

In any case, I just tried and the result is the same. Some bad GFX. I will investigate further why. Can you tell me what banking mode are you using for PROM and CROM please?

Thanks.

concerning filenames i've followed what has been said in previous posts ^^

so :
srom rather than s1rom ?
prom1 rather than p1rom ?

vroma0 hasn't been prepared for NeoSD it's just original roms a+b such as command : romwak /c teot-v1.bin teot-v2.bin vroma0
(https://github.com/freem/romwak)

bank switching is only used along PROMS
(https://github.com/ozzyyzzo4096/ngDataLinker)

oh and i forgot about fpga ^^

Last edited:
Beta #3 should come out soon.. dunno about darksoft support yet.

Let me know when it's out and I'll add support for it.
Just wondering, what does "support" for something like this looks like? Extra fpga support for banking/addressing modes, menu entries, reserved internal IDs? If someone develops some homebrew that works with one of the existing cartridge PCBs, is there anything required on top of following some packaging rules when building it?

Back