What's new

BroadwayJose

Professional
Reaction score
Looking for some tips on how to successfully capture video from the F3. My current capture chain includes an OSSC, which I'm aware has issues with the funky native F3 video signal. I've seen threads and discussions about the VGA hat workaround via HAS but I'm looking to make this work directly from a JAMMA cabinet rather than a supergun.

Right now my cab has a video out setup via Splitfire, which delivers the signal through a VGA style connector. I then route that into the VGA input on the OSSC and into the capture device. All of my 15khz JAMMA boards are good to go in this configuration, aside from F3 which does not produce any image at all through the OSSC. Not directly on a monitor, nor through the capture hardware. If there's a way to make this work with the Splitfire still in the chain, that would be ideal but if there's any other proven hardware, OSSC profiles or other methods that can produce a stable F3 video capture signal, I'm all ears. Really looking to solve this as I believe this is the only board I haven't been able to do a direct video capture from so far.

@Psyko-M1 that's funny, I just looked at E1s listings last night. My streamer friends all swear by it for retro games. I'm assuming you're using this in your setup? If so, what does your video chain look like? Any examples of an F3 capture available in your stream archives that I can take a look at?

Last edited:
This is everything as I wire down the line...............
Game PCB - Jamma Extender - Splitfire - VGA Out - OSSC set to default settings - HDMI out - HDMI / DVI converter - E1S Capture Card.
I throw a LOT of games at this setup, and it doesn't fail unless Windows Updates fuck me tender.

Otherwise, it's a sound setup.
If you want any streaming help and want to see video of how things are wired, check out my Tuesday 8PM Central show, and ask the hard questions.
I'll bust out the "ACKSHUN CAM" and you'll see how I got it wired up.

Outstanding, your setup is exactly like mine aside from the capture device & DVI adapter.

What's your Twitch handle? I will check out your stream for sure.

Ah, I'm on mobile most of the time when I browse this forum so I don't see signatures.

Today I was able to solve this problem, or at least work around it effectively. Long story short, the E1S wouldn't work for my current capture PC so I stuck with the same capture chain as described above, with one addition:

20201230_145119.jpg

I had an old GBS 8200 laying around and tried it out from the Splitfire straight to a VGA monitor and sure enough the resulting image was stable. Feeding the output to AV3 on OSSC and now we're in business. Glad to once again find a use for this thing.

Back