What's new

daskrabs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about getting an X3 Multi setup. I'd be using it with a JAMMA supergun and 1080p monitor, so I need something that has a JAMMA edge for controls and supports 6 buttons. It looks like my 2 options are the Taito FastIO w/ JAMMA (K91X1204) and the Sega JVS IO with JAMMA (838-13683). Is this correct? Any others supported? Taito JVS (K91X1...)?

Are all the TTX /2/3 games (never mind the emulated ones) playable with the cheaper and more available Sega IO? Is there any noticeable difference b/w Fast and JVS for IO? Thanks in advance.

Is there any noticeable difference b/w Fast and JVS for IO?
Im going to say yes. Playing games that natively supported FastIO, you can tell the difference, maybe you can also with the jvs ones as well. I have played Ultra side by side with equal spec X3s, one with Fast IO, other with JVS and you can notice the difference. It might be subjective, but for me, it was enough to notice it.

I used a taito JVS and it was beyond playable. Some games were slowing down for some reason. Could be the JVS implementation with this multi.

Yes there is a noticeable difference. First being using JVS on FastIO you will be having the latency from JVS introduced. The reverse is also changed depending on which IO you use. The JVS games have a polling loop that is used to get the button state and times out at 15ms so that JVS has enough time to respond. When using the multi tools and JVS emulation with fastio this loop is completed instantly. This results in more responsive JVS games.

Outside of input there shouldn't be any sort of changes between using either io. As to how the multi is configured I am not certain as I built my own from scratch years ago and can confirm fastio works just fine. Mine only emulates JVS and also does fastio->keyboard for mame.

Back