What's new

mike hancho

Student
Reaction score
I finally finished all the work on my cabs. Blast city was converted to what i like to call a "Baby Blue". I pulled out the original PS board and wired a new board in to the existing housing and plugged it in to existing connectors. replaced the original monitor with a wells d9200 and wired it in to accept the original connectors. Custom paint job on the plastic and all metal powder coated yellow. Custom marquee, replaced speakers, and capcom / dreamcast CP so I can plug in dreamcast controllers. Created custom wheels to replace stock. And last, installed switch on coin return to coin up.
New Net City has been dual wired for jamma or jvs. Installed new monitor controll board to unlock all menu options. Replaced marquee bulb and blast. Everything else original.
Goldie was a complete strip down and repair. Stripped all wood grain off, wood hardner and bondo to fix all wood issues, clean and sanded inside of cabinet. stripped all metal off cab and had it texture powder coated. Filled in and routed new molding slots as needed. Cab completly relaminated with single sheets of vinyl on each side. no splices! New speakers and light panels for the marquee, new CP overlay and marque holder, and custom powder coated the MVS metal cover. All new buttons and joysticks.
Pras3 has had all fans removed and replaced with Noctua fans. This went from sounding like a jet engine, to silent!. I have the original Alls and a TT3. TT3 has been bios flashed, new 2060, new power supply, new i7 cpu, and noctus low mount cooler.

I think I'm finally done for now. I'd still like to get a Vewlix one of these days, and maybe a dedicated crt verticle cab. But until then, I'm going to enjoy these with the family!

Attachments

• 20240428_204009.jpg
    20240428_204009.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 28
Back