What's new

Bitis

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around the forum for a year or so and doing some purchases to get started on the arcade hobby. Now I finally fulfilled a long time wish and bought myself a project cab. It is a Nintendo Playchoice 10 from UK market that has been imported to Finland in 1995 after we joined EU and Finland's Slot Machine Association sponsored by government lost their monopoly on all arcade machines and pinball machines. As far as I can tell the Nintendo side art is still there though covered in a coat of paint and the cab has been converted to JAMMA and has three buttons per player. So far the plan is to fix it up to nice playable condition. After that time will tell, but I do fancy restoring it to it's original Nintendo Playchoice 10 configuration at some point.

For now there is a to-do job:
- Replace drilled locks
- Replace marquee light

- Make a new front panel
- Make a new cash box
- Install volume adjustment
- Purchase or make another control deck to original Nintendo specification and keep old butchered one for 6-button configuration
- Purchase or custom make Nintendo Playchoice marquee
- Get a replacement monitor for the missing upper 10" monitor

IMG_20230208_210558101.jpg
1676012111000.png

Last edited:
Looking forward to this restoration— great cabinet!

Hopefully you can get to the Nintendo side art

Yeah, the Nintendo PC10 super de luxe side art and CP art are classics. they really warp you back to a very specific point in time :)

The cab itself seems to be in good condition, regardless of age. It should clean up real nice!

Looking forward to this restoration— great cabinet!

Hopefully you can get to the Nintendo side art

Thx I already tried few small batches and it seems that the paint is coming off good. I will do a full paint strip when the weather warms up so I can do it outside. No idea what is the condition of the art under it, but time will tell.

Yeah, the Nintendo PC10 super de luxe side art and CP art are classics. they really warp you back to a very specific point in time :)

The cab itself seems to be in good condition, regardless of age. It should clean up real nice!

Yeah I didn't actually know much about PC10s before stumbling upon this one, but looking at pictures and videos it definitely looks really good which is main driving factor why I wanna try to restore it closer to original. Gonna keep it jamma compliant for now since it's my only cab and needs to work with other games too. Condition is not perfect, but aside from the missing front panel everything else is there and working. I haven't found any major repairs done to it either nor any major cracks to the MDF so it definitely is a solid cabinet.

Today I managed to service the buttons to work quite a bit better and also ordered some parts to be installed next week.

I've made some small progress with the cab during the last month or so. Got the rear panels fitted with new Abloy locks, replaced the marquee light and for fun I tested out an idea of fitting a 8" digital photo frame behind the upper glass to have a digital marquee. Probably gonna fit some vinyl tape to hide the LCD frame. It will stay there for now until I have a 10" monitor to put up there. Got a large haul of buttons, switches and connectors coming in for building a refurbished PC10 control panel as well as a 6-button panel to swap in for fighting games.

Also unexpectedly managed to make a deal on PC10 single screen motherboard. If anyone knows of previous attempts to modify such board to work with dual screen setup let me know because as far as I know the game select screen as well as the instructions are there active, but just not shown due to having one screen and single screen PCB changing the video output.

IMG_20230322_180039566.jpg

Back