What's new

rememberizer

Student
Reaction score
I just got my TSOP48 adapter and desoldered the chips off of my extra carts, but I can't seem to erase them. The programmer says Erase successful 0.021ms, which is too short of a time for that to really happen. Blank check says it's not blank. I'm new to this and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple. . . Any ideas?

Bad adapter, bad settings or bad eeprom. (Also confirm the eeprom is correctly inserted into adapter and adapter is the correct one 8 bit adapter for exemple)
Can you query the software to confirm the eeprom ID correctly ? Is the eeprom inserted into the correct adapter pin ? Is there some jumpers on the adapter ?
This situation was appending to me after desoldering an eeprom with too hot temperature, eeprom was damaged read ok but no way to erase or write it, now I always use quikchip aloy to avoid this and be sure all is fine :)

Last edited:
I think I had something similar. The problem was that the legs weren't making proper contact with the socket. Make sure there's no extra solder on any of the legs. I think I might have very lightly brushed the legs with some fine sanding paper.

I tried again, used my microscope to really align the chips onto the adapter and it worked! I got to erase and flash both chips, but after soldering them on, they're giving me the suicide screen. I tried a few different bioses now, I think it's my soldering at this point. thanks for the help though guys!

Got the carts to work! Unfortunately the board has some sort of color issue. The blue isn't displaying correctly. Did a memory check and Color Ram was NG, so I replaced one from a dead CPS3 and now it seems like two colors are swapped?! The capcom logo is blue and green instead of blue and yellow. The original Color Ram on my board is Samsung, but I the one I got from a dead board was a different brand. Any Ideas?

I just got my TSOP48 adapter and desoldered the chips off of my extra carts, but I can't seem to erase them. The programmer says Erase successful 0.021ms, which is too short of a time for that to really happen. Blank check says it's not blank. I'm new to this and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple. . . Any ideas?
That happened to me once and the problem was that the chip was not 29F400TA but 29F400T or something like that and then it wouldn't erase.

Yeah that was also probably a factor. I had a 29F400TA and the XGPro software has it listed as 29F400AT. I didn't know that was the same thing. I kept selecting the 29F400T so of course it wouldn't work lol!

Back