What's new
For Sale
...but everyone has their own threshold.

As for the flipper, I mean, it's been a month right? If he was really trying to hide it, he could have used a different log in I guess? Maybe he was happy because he got a good deal and a month later wanted a cab like he stated.

In the end, is it really on him to sell it at the cheaper rate he got it? If that was the case MANY people on these forums have sold me games for much more than they paid, evident by the for sale listings on here and on KLOV before they sold to me. The market does what the market does.

I don't think we should give this guy too much shit, but again, my option only, I'm a softy and a sucker! :P
Here's where you pretty much lose me. The arcade community is relatively small to some other hobbies, believe it or not. No one is shaming the seller to sell at a loss, but trying to flip a board you just got for an attempted high profit is likely going to get you blackballed by some people.

Of the course the market does what it does, however, there's no need to overvalue or overpay, either. But everyone has their own threshold, right?

Hey Joe T, I don't think you're out of line.

Besides, when you said Flipper I got confused...

Flipper.jpg

@JoeAwesome, @JoeAwesome, hey @JoeAwesome!!! Crap, I think I lost him... I swear I thought I put him in the cupboard...

Look man, if you want to blackball that seller, have at it, I'm just saying I think that listing an Espgaluda for $800 isn't crazy as an opening price for one in good condition. If I were selling, I'd probably start there and let it go for a little less if I didn't get some offers in a week or so.

As for him having bought it at $500 a month ago, I get that it rubs you the wrong way, but the seller sold it for $500. I think I even said it was underpriced at the time before he sold it, but he still sold it for that price, which he had every right to do so!

If you guys think my prices are that off, then what's the big deal? If he asks $800 and it's too high it won't sell...

You guys are getting a little heated in a month old sale thread.

Those cart conversions we're never 3-500. Stop making up prices. When the only game in town was captain hot glue, he was selling them for $220.
Crap, maybe I'm remembering wrong? Maybe YAJ prices? I don't know. I remember that range for cart and mobo with the guy who glued them at $200 just for the cart, but whatever, I'm not sure why it matters, they are like $100 now right? I corrected my post.
Don't make up prices if you're going to be way off. It negates your opinion.

Those cart conversions we're never 3-500. Stop making up prices. When the only game in town was captain hot glue, he was selling them for $220.
Crap, maybe I'm remembering wrong? Maybe YAJ prices? I don't know. I remember that range for cart and mobo with the guy who glued them at $200 just for the cart, but whatever, I'm not sure why it matters, they are like $100 now right? I corrected my post.
Don't make up prices if you're going to be way off. It negates your opinion.
That's a fair point and I changed my post to reflect it.

I think when people say things like "negates your opinion" they just want to be combative with someone on a forum though, especially when they post that after I corrected my post.

Ok guys, I'm going to suggest we don't go down that road. The guy is flipping, he's been called out on it, let's not let it devolve into a shitfight.

As you've said this hobby is small and people have long memories. We don't need to go into how and why it happened.

Hi :

I am more worried about how at times we treat each other like cattle or farm animals.
Personally im not trying to milk anyone of you haha!
Now a valid point i have. What about all the secret flippers, i am sure some of you here remember what i am refering to.
Personally this is just a place to share mindful conversation and connect with people. The art as we so call it is like a original star trek episode. We are all boldy going places in one form or another.

Have a nice night everyone
Euphoria
:)

what if the board has gone down in price and the seller could not sell it for $500 and losses money because he has to sell it for less? No one would have a problem with that, right? I have lost money on games that I have sold because the games do not sell for the money that I paid for and no one is upset about it.I have also sold stuff for what I paid for to members that I trust and I have also sold stuff for a discount to members that I trust.

The price is determined by the seller (me) and if someone wants to buy that product then the transaction is between the buyer and seller (me) and no one else.

the board is listed for a price determined by the seller and it has not sold..the market will determine the selling price for the board once a buyer appears and willing to pay X amount.

I have never argued that Hrvat9 can't sell for the price he wants. I just think it's fair for me to point out that the seller paid $500 on this forum for the board, but went to KLOV to seek a $300 profit after 20 days.
Personally I appreciate you pointing it out. I think everyone should just appreciate (or ignore as the case may be) the heads up and we can leave it at that.

Generally non contributing member of a community, only posting when they need help with a technical problem or to purchase that rare bargain priced item; they're always the ones who snag aforementioned bargain and typically said item is resold at an inflated price not long thereafter.Not defending the PCB "flippers", but maybe they're adding the shipping, paypal and customs fees on top too?
We had a discussion with @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w about restricting the market place to contributing members. To me market place is a convenience, not the aim of this forum. Let's face it, half (if not more) of the posts in the sale section are from non contributing members.
Not defending the PCB "flippers", but maybe they're adding the shipping, paypal and customs fees on top too?

I think that's the biggest price killer. Buy PCB, pay shipping, pay fees + 4% paypal.

Next buyer does the same thing. Rinse, repeat, inflated prices.

It's a crappy cycle unless being sold locally over and over again.
Why are you assuming you MUST recoup your costs? You can't add shipping or whatever fees on top of the price you paid to justify your new price. Buyers don't have to support extra costs, they don't care sellers had to book tickets to pick that extremely rare board by themselves in Japan. :D
You feel like you're losing money? You should have played the game more, that's unvaluable!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have sold many items at or below market price either because it I needed to sell it quickly or because I didn't really care about making money. And I didn't care if the person buying it from me sold it for a profit to someone else.

I have also purchased items from KLOV and resold them on Ebay for 150% mark up. I did that 3 different times with the same type of arcade item, and all three sold to the same person in Japan. Who I assume was selling them for even more than he paid me.

I personally don't see anything wrong with this. But I can see where if I tried to do that with those same items on the KLOV for sale section it wouldn't be a good look.

The good news for me as I've never been in this hobby to make money and I will never come close to recouping anything near what I've paid.

:D

Hi :

Non contributing i may be. Can i get some ideas on how to contribute, in a small way for at least another 12 months. I have other areas i need to attend to.
I hate to not be productive.

Regards
Euphoria
:)

My 2¢: Once you sell something it's not yours to worry about anymore.

You can decide who you want to sell to, I'd personally much rather sell my stuff to someone who will enjoy it, and not just flip it. No question. But I've also sold before to known flippers because they were an easy sale for the price I wanted. I knew they were going to turn around and sell higher to a client (this is pinball, not a PCB, but whatever), but I got my price without dealing with a bunch of tire kickers, I don't care if their client paid a 'finder's fee' later.

This guy doesn't seem like a flipper to me. I define it as someone who does nothing but buy and sell, as fast as possible, and adds little to the hobby but rising prices. This is someone who bought a game, and then found a cab they wanted and is trying to liquidate stuff to pay for it. I mean, okay. What's the rule? You have to pick PCBs you've played 200 times? You can only sell a game if you've held onto it for at least a year, like some capital gains rule?

If I gave someone a deal on something, like a personal favor kind of thing, "here, I know you love this game, I'll give you a good price, I'm not trying to make money off you" then I'd be mad if they sold it 20 days later. But if I listed something publicly, this is my price? Once it's gone I have no say over what happens.

For what seems like the millionth time, I don't think anyone is saying the guy can't ask for whatever price he wants.

However, if Hrvat9 was really doing anything other than leeching off the trading forums, then he'd have probably re-listed the board here for the price he paid or close to it rather than over on KLOV with a $300 mark up 20 days later. That way some of the others here who missed out and actually wanted to play the game might have a chance without an attempted gouge. The fact that he wants to buy an expensive cabinet that he can't afford otherwise is pretty irrelevant. I don't feel like there is anything wrong with pointing that out so that everyone here knows.

I could just be getting old and soft, but I'm more interested in selling for decent prices that are fair to me and the buyer knowing that someone will use and enjoy the board, rather than to flip for as much as possible because I can't afford the next shiny object that caught my eye. I guess it all just depends on whether you think of these trading forums as a place to engage in a hobby with other enthusiasts, or strictly a market place where everyone is out for as much as they can get at all times.

I guess it all just depends on whether you think of these trading forums as a place to engage in a hobby with other enthusiasts, or strictly a market place where everyone is out for as much as they can get at all times.
Reality is it's somewhere in-between the two.

You're dealing with other hobbyists, and occasionally businesses (more-so on KLOV, less so here.). And despite engaging in the same hobby with them, they're still different people, and they're not all going to have your views and ideals.

And as you've already stated, they don't have to adhere to your ideals. What you don't seem to have gathered is that doesn't suddenly make them a villain. It just makes them a person who has different thoughts on the matter.

If we were talking about someone who's buying up every cheap game and flipping them right away, sure. Crucify the guy. One item a few weeks later because he needed cash for something? Doesn't seem like as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be. Yeah, it sucks, but in reality it's not that big of a deal.

My perspective is when I sell stuff at a bargain, I'm fully aware that I'm doing it and I just want it gone and want the money now. Once it's out of my hands, I know there's a possibility for it to be sold later at profit but that's where my concern ends and I go on with my life. In my world, time is money. I am not jealous of people sitting on shit forever to squeeze out that max profit.

My perspective is when I sell stuff at a bargain, I'm fully aware that I'm doing it and I just want it gone and want the money now. Once it's out of my hands, I know there's a possibility for it to be sold later at profit but that's where my concern ends and I go on with my life. In my world, time is money. I am not jealous of people sitting on shit forever to squeeze out that max profit.
Hi :

Oh yes i am hearing you!!! Sometimes i do a 720, just thinking about your bargains.

Regards
Euphoria
:D

Back