What's new
For Sale
I guess it all just depends on whether you think of these trading forums as a place to engage in a hobby with other enthusiasts, or strictly a market place where everyone is out for as much as they can get at all times.
Reality is it's somewhere in-between the two.
You're dealing with other hobbyists, and occasionally businesses (more-so on KLOV, less so here.). And despite engaging in the same hobby with them, they're still different people, and they're not all going to have your views and ideals.

And as you've already stated, they don't have to adhere to your ideals. What you don't seem to have gathered is that doesn't suddenly make them a villain. It just makes them a person who has different thoughts on the matter.

If we were talking about someone who's buying up every cheap game and flipping them right away, sure. Crucify the guy. One item a few weeks later because he needed cash for something? Doesn't seem like as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be. Yeah, it sucks, but in reality it's not that big of a deal.
Absolutely, it's both. You're assuming that I don't get that. No one is making this guy out to be STV/Arcadetower, just calling out a questionable situation. Otherwise people would be asking for him to be banned or have his trading forum access revoked or something similar.

All I'm arguing for is that people can make a reasonable observation when it's in the best interested of others in the hobby.

For what seems like the millionth time, I don't think anyone is saying the guy can't ask for whatever price he wants.
Actually it seems like you're saying that pretty clearly, since you follow up that sentence with a bunch of rules he's supposed to adhere to about selling his game. Like you have to list it in the forum you bought it from. How long does he have to keep it before he's allowed to sell it on KLOV? Is there a statute of limitations? I get it, 20 days seems short, but nobody has to pay his price. I doubt they will frankly, but it's not a horrible idea to list high and negotiate lower.

I'm sorry that you think my weighing in for the first time is so inconvenient that you have to say "for what seems like the millionth time" like you're exasperated that people would have a different thought than you, but you're trying to blow someone up over a single transaction and it feels pretty unreasonable. Forums are for discussions, not just getting people to agree with you.

However, if Hrvat9 was really doing anything other than leeching off the trading forums, then he'd have probably re-listed the board here for the price he paid or close to it rather than over on KLOV with a $300 mark up 20 days later. That way some of the others here who missed out and actually wanted to play the game might have a chance without an attempted gouge. The fact that he wants to buy an expensive cabinet that he can't afford otherwise is pretty irrelevant. I don't feel like there is anything wrong with pointing that out so that everyone here knows.
You nailed it here.

The fact he didn’t list it on this site at the $300 markup price is because he knows what he’s doing is shady.

What’s funny is that he thinks these arcade forums are exclusive, but a lot of the community is on multiple sites, so trying to hide his fleece price by going onto another forum has really backfired on his plans.

For what seems like the millionth time, I don't think anyone is saying the guy can't ask for whatever price he wants.
Actually it seems like you're saying that pretty clearly, since you follow up that sentence with a bunch of rules he's supposed to adhere to about selling his game. Like you have to list it in the forum you bought it from. How long does he have to keep it before he's allowed to sell it on KLOV? Is there a statute of limitations? I get it, 20 days seems short, but nobody has to pay his price. I doubt they will frankly, but it's not a horrible idea to list high and negotiate lower.
I'm sorry that you think my weighing in for the first time is so inconvenient that you have to say "for what seems like the millionth time" like you're exasperated that people would have a different thought than you, but you're trying to blow someone up over a single transaction and it feels pretty unreasonable. Forums are for discussions, not just getting people to agree with you.
You might be right, there was probably more opinion in my argument than there should have been. I shouldn't be inferring the existence of any trading rules that aren't made public in the forum.

I do feel strongly about reasonable discussion if it means that everyone benefits though. In this case, there were people who were later in line for the board when I sold it that missed out, and I don't think it's fair that someone should pay an extra $300 because they didn't read the forums in time, so I wanted potential buyers to be aware of what was going on. I think commentary on a situation like that is beneficial to all.

$300 more bucks is worth it as he needed to send the payment and trade in his canadian monopoly money. He also had to re-wrap the board and drive to dat post office to ship it. Gas ain't cheap and neither is his time.

Life is a zero sum game y'all I need to sell it afap so I can pay my baby momma's child support.

Not to change the subject but whatever happened to that Dragon Blaze conversion?

Not to change the subject but whatever happened to that Dragon Blaze conversion?
The guy I bought it from was very understanding of the situation, didn't realize it was a conversion, and gave me some extra cash to keep it. I wasn't particularly interested in holding on to it so I sold it at a big discount to a friend locally.

Cool game, just too brutal for me.

The guy I bought it from was very understanding of the situation, didn't realize it was a conversion, and gave me some extra cash to keep it. I wasn't particularly interested in holding on to it so I sold it at a big discount to a friend locally.
Glad you got it sorted with the original seller.

If your friend ever wants to sell it let me know. I'm very interested in looking at the game code and PCB modifications to learn how the conversion was done.

Damn, i saw it pop on klov and was wondering if that was the same. Quite a flip story. Well i do think it should have sold around here at least. :(

Oof this is a polarising topic eh, I can't resist any longer.

Personally if it were me that sold the board to have it flipped (or not) I would perhaps feel a little seen off (cheated) but then maybe not as I would of only sold the board for a price that I was content with anyway.

I think the real issue here is that (in my opinion) it is poor etiquette and as many have said why wasn't the board relisted here? we all know why and so does the guy who bought it.

Perhaps there should be restrictions on using the classified to discourage non contributors signing up just for that, I see Apocalypse mentioned discussions on the previous page, perhaps minimum post count limit I dunno.
I actually see something very similar in a lot of the multi threads, 1 post wonders, their 1st and only post is "put me on the multi list". Sure it's great that innovations by some very talented people are drawing new members to the forum but when it's in that capacity alone is it really value adding?

Perhaps there should be restrictions on using the classified to discourage non contributes signing up just for that
If we did that, then no one would have had the opportunity to purchase the board here to begin with. Every one of OP's posts has been in this sales thread.

Oof this is a polarising topic eh, I can't resist any longer.

Personally if it were me that sold the board to have it flipped (or not) I would perhaps feel a little seen off (cheated) but then maybe not as I would of only sold the board for a price that I was content with anyway.

I think the real issue here is that (in my opinion) it is poor etiquette and as many have said why wasn't the board relisted here? we all know why and so does the guy who bought it.

Perhaps there should be restrictions on using the classified to discourage non contributors signing up just for that, I see Apocalypse mentioned discussions on the previous page, perhaps minimum post count limit I dunno.
I actually see something very similar in a lot of the multi threads, 1 post wonders, their 1st and only post is "put me on the multi list". Sure it's great that innovations by some very talented people are drawing new members to the forum but when it's in that capacity alone is it really value adding?

Hi :

Restrictions! Do we need a new safe word (1001011 shades of grey)?
Do we agree on a safe word (bananas).

I do understand the discussion and everyone has some valid points. Irl i find people are people. Difficult at times and like farm animals. You get that one who just literally eyes you out a little differently.
I agree ethics, morality and etiquette, have been broached.
I am starting to see all you wonderful people.

Kind regards
Euphoria

what next bands of non mods who decide based on their own biases if we are acceptable to purchase someone else's goods based on post counts of how many secs ago you posted something that felt was acceptable and special friend categories? sounds familiar. now where did i expeince this good old boys fourm.

no body expects the arcade forum inquisition.

what next bands of non mods who decide based on their own biases if we are acceptable to purchase someone else's goods based on post counts of how many secs ago you posted something that felt was acceptable and special friend categories? sounds familiar. now where did i expeince this good old boys fourm.

no body expects the arcade forum inquisition.
that's a little melodramatic, to go from discussing the possibility of forum post counts to ensure only engaging members of the forum use the classifieds and not those who only want to literally USE arcade projects as a place sell/buy stuff to "arcade forum inquisition", could you of made a bigger jump?

we seen this in a drama arcade forum before not a jump when we know the how it turns out

I guess it all just depends on whether you think of these trading forums as a place to engage in a hobby with other enthusiasts, or strictly a market place where everyone is out for as much as they can get at all times.
Reality is it's somewhere in-between the two.
I agree 100% with this.

$500 - $800 Split the difference is $650. Sounds about right to me.

This is what's referred to as the "You snooze you lose / Who wants it more" ratio.

:D

No restrictions on market stuff. Just no.

Guys a dick imo, but it's not shared by everyone. I understand.

Threads like this give me a great idea of who to deal with in the future should I be selling something, and I believe that is the only intention of Joe posting this thread.

No, just NO

If the seller wants to limit their sale to contributing members they can do so, nobody says they have to sell to someone who just signed up.

I think you're forgetting why this forum exists... it exists entirely as a place for the multis to be marketed and sold... all the other technical discussions and knowledge base that has grown here is ancillary to to it's original function as a tool for promoting and selling Darksoft and Mitsurugi-w products.

So yes, it's value adding because it's serving the primary function of this forum.

I think you're forgetting why this forum exists... it exists entirely as a place for the multis to be marketed and sold... all the other technical discussions and knowledge base that has grown here is ancillary to to it's original function as a tool for promoting and selling Darksoft and Mitsurugi-w products.

So yes, it's value adding because it's serving the primary function of this forum.
I didn't forget I just never knew there was 2 dozen or so sub forums all to support selling multis to 1 post wonders

I just never knew there was 2 dozen or so sub forums all to support selling multis to 1 post wonders
well yes, if they're buying the multis then it is supporting those 1 post wonders as well. I'm sure lots of them are reading the stickies and downloading files after they've bought the multi even if they're not posting.

Back