What's new
For Sale
I just never knew there was 2 dozen or so sub forums all to support selling multis to 1 post wonders
well yes, if they're buying the multis then it is supporting those 1 post wonders as well. I'm sure lots of them are reading the stickies and downloading files after they've bought the multi even if they're not posting.
Yeah that's not what I actually meant.

Just to clarify when I referred to 1 post wonders (as in people who post once and are never seen again once they get said multi) and value adding, I meant as in adding to the forum as a whole (as a online community). Obviously it is good for business and those selling hardware get to reap the rewards of their hard work i'm not debating that, clearly I wasn't thinking of this forum as a business enterprise.

Never understood the flipping game. Unless your margin is massive, is the time and effort associated with buying and reselling worthwhile if its not your actual source of income?

I couldnt justify jumping through the hoops of seeking out and buying pcb's and having this outlay of cash to make a couple hundred bucks here and there.

Never understood the flipping game. Unless your margin is massive, is the time and effort associated with buying and reselling worthwhile if its not your actual source of income?

I couldnt justify jumping through the hoops of seeking out and buying pcb's and having this outlay of cash to make a couple hundred bucks here and there.
Well, I'm actually just a fry cook at McDonald's. So I buy used arcade buttons on Ebay, and spend hours washing them by hand so I can then sell them on Ebay as New, just to make ends meet...

:D

Well, I'm actually just a fry cook at McDonald's. So I buy used arcade buttons on Ebay, and spend hours washing them by hand so I can then sell them on Ebay as New, just to make ends meet...
haha nice bit of moonlighting at work! I used to be a 4 star general at maccas 20 years ago!

Hey i have worked at mcdonalds. We flip the burger patie, meet and greet people and meet is spelled meat. However with the lack of goodness in our burgers you could call everyone who visits meek!
Much like me meek!!!!

PS: this is not a mcdonalds bashing. Just running with the joke.

Pof: ronald mcdonald is the champion clown for obesity.

Kind regards
Euphoria
:)

This hobby has gotten out of hand, I'm all about giving folks deals to help share the joy and that's why I have no love for flippers.
Why should they profit? I could just as easily sell for profit on eBay myself...
I want the games I sell to go to someone who will enjoy/play them, maybe they just don't have 1000$ to spend.

No restrictions to selling or buying on the forum please.. people that just post once to buy or sell whatever are usually people that follow the forum but don't actually participate in the conversation.. I was one of those for a good number of years on that other forum. I always loved to see Candy group buy and pics of arcade games and keep up with the news but never commented or contributed.. I was happy with Mame and a PC monitor.. contributions to the forum should not be a requirement also; people should do things because they want to do it without feeling that they need to be rewarded..if you apply this philosophy, chances are that you will not be let down..

As for the main subject - the man listed the item for his set price and if you don't like it just move along.. I don't know the seller and I don't think that I have talk to him/her but it grains my gear when people try to dictate what I should be pricing my shit for and when I see these types of behavior I just want to slap someone :whistling:

restricting the market place was just an idea and @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w chose not to intervene for now.
I think that's the right stance, for now.
Lets just make the flipping actions of these users known and trust that our community will police itself/do the right thing.

If this continues to be a thing... Pull out the big guns I guess. ;)

I read through the whole thread. Seems a bit nuts to ruin your reputation over $300...and likely not even sell the game in the process. I'd understand if this was a year later, but 20 days later is taking the piss. :|

The lack of pinball flipper or dolphin memes in this thread has me rather disappointed

I'm late to the party, but holy moly talk about beating a horse to death.

Gentleman, it is time to agree to disagree on the topic.

The lack of pinball flipper or dolphin memes in this thread has me rather disappointed

Burger-Flipper.jpg

Tsk...tsk...no love for the preferred footwear for those that risk their lives serving our continent's Coast Guard. Allow me to fix that.

divingflippers.jpg

Or these well dressed creatures' mode of locomotion:

penguin.jpg

This girl's supreme selfie skills:

cheerleader.jpg

Or even this man's prodigious digit. Shame, shame. But I got you. Ask for pics of pinball flippers and Dolphins my friend, and you shall receive:

maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• finsfans.jpg
    finsfans.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 64
Back