What's new
For Sale

DragonMinded

Professional
Reaction score
Its been awhile since anyone did a run of these. I needed to adjust the colors of one of my New Net City cabinets so I did up a batch of CodeCrank's extended remote board design. The spares got immediately sold to friends and several more people came asking if I had any, so I did a larger run. These are the same boards that were sold in previous threads (such as https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/sold-out-new-net-city-extended-remote-board.7462/) and are a drop-in replacement to the remote board which comes standard with a New Net City. I've hand-verified every one of them to make sure they plug and play with a Toshiba PF monitor in your New Net City. They should work with Toshiba perfect flat with the models PD-1843, PB-9929, and PD2367 imprinted on the main chassis board. They fit exactly into the slot where the original remote board lives, use the same connector and are fully accessible with the front shroud reinstalled.

Accessing and scrolling through the standard menu is done using the same "MENU" button as before. The same "UP" and "DOWN" buttons allow adjusting a particular setting, and the same "DEGAUSS" button triggers a degauss if there has been enough time since the last one. A new "SERVICE1" button grants you access to the extended geometry menu, and a "SERVICE2" button grants access to the color gains and biases. Use this to fine tune your monitor without losing access to the original menu.

For installation instructions, visit https://dragonminded.com/arcade/partsales/ or look up how to remove the front shroud of a New Net City on Youtube.

I'm asking $35 shipped per board via PayPal, you can send with purchase protection if you want, and I'll ship them out anywhere in the United States. I am a bit unsure of international shipping right now due to ~you know what~ but if I can figure out a safe way to do it I'll be asking for a $20 shipping surcharge on top of any international orders. Priority mail starts at $30 for small packages versus $8 for domestic so I can't afford to include free shipping for international orders.

Last edited:
I have ordered from DragonMinded and also recommended some of my NNC buyers to these remote boards if they were interested.

The boards work great, build quality is what you would expect for something simplistic but well made.
No problems buying from this user either :)

Lots of interest so far, thanks everyone who bought or messaged me! Make sure to check your PMs if you expressed interest and sent a message to me.

This lets you access the color correction menu, I guess you could bump up the gains on each of the levels a bunch? Its meant for geometry and color correction.

you can acces to max contrast level, over the normal limit.

That's not available on this remote. If the info in this post is correct, it should be as easy as bridging pin 38 with 42. It likely breaks some other functionality, so it's probably best to put behind a switch.

If someone needs in these Europe, I'm happy to sell these to anyone here for the same price ($35 / 29 euros). I checked this with @DragonMinded, she was OK with me offering them to anyone in Europe due to high postage costs from the US. For the record, I need most of these, but I'm sure I can spare a few.

Attachments

• tosh_extended_remotes.jpg
    tosh_extended_remotes.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
I've responded to and shipped out remotes for everyone that sent me a PM. Several of you should have received your remotes already, as well! If I missed somebody, send me a PM again and I'll get on top of it.

Back