What's new

S7AYONTARGE7

Student
Reaction score
Bump N Jump is a game that's near and dear to me, as my dad and I used to play it all the time. So, naturally, when I started looking for arcade pcbs, it was high on my list. In a relatively short amount of time, I've gotten a number of them, with Bump N Jump rounding out the collection today.

As excited as I am, I'm very nervous. This is the first non jamma board I've purchased, and frankly I have no idea what to do with this thing. I know the controls were an 8 way joystick (check) and one button (easy!), but that's about it. So it doesn't use anything obscure like a wheel or anything. But I have no idea how to get this thing to communicate with my yet-to-be-ordered supergun from rgb.

Is there any converter for this data east game to jamma? Will it need to be modded in some way? Am I screwed, haha?

Thanks.

the link i posted shows that as well, i was pretty tired last night and missed that bit when i saw the page - looks like the video board is another 20 pin connection

Congrats on getting that PCB!

it looks like it's a 36 pin connector, but fairly easy to adapt if you get a female 36pin edge connector and a jamma fingerboard.

The pinout for bump n jump is available here http://www.arcade-museum.com/pinouts-game/7234.html

I hope you get it up and running soon!
the link i posted shows that as well, i was pretty tired last night and missed that bit when i saw the page - looks like the video board is another 20 pin connection
No worries, but man I wouldn't want to build that harness, hated making one for Legend of Kage!

Awesome, so it's a pain. Haha. Does anyone know how to do one of these (aka paid commission?)

Oh silly me. Didn't check it. That's great, thank you so much for the help!

Back