What's new
Mark your items as sold

Chrone

Student
Reaction score
All gone.

Hi all,

I have a few cabs available for free. Take one or take 'em all. Take them and use them or take them and sell them. No catch. I just want to see them get some action instead of sitting in my garage. Additional pics are at the imgur links in the details.

They are all located on ground level in Southern Maryland.

If you need any more pictures or have any questions please feel free to hit me up.

cabs.jpg

Bad Dudes
https://imgur.com/a/6W05uFz

Background: I got this with the intent of converting it to a dedicated In The Hunt but ran out of space in my basement and kind of lost interest in the project. BAD DUDES PCB IS NOT INCLUDED.

• Good:
    • Solid cab. Doesn't appear to be any water damage
    • Has original bezel and marquee
    • 19" monitor works great
  • Bad:
    • CRT has some Bad Dudes burn.
    • No PCB included
  • Ugly:
    • The interior is painted black and the exterior is poorly painted a generic gray in what looks to be a very rushed resto attempt
    • The cab has an old warehouse funky smell. I planned to ozone it, clean it up, and paint the whole thing black but never got around to it

KRC 32" cab
https://imgur.com/a/t1mjbd3

Background: I don't remember what was in it when I got it, but given the button layout it came with, it must've been an MK at some point in its life. I threw a bootleg MK1 board in it, added the stickers, and tossed in some new IL sticks and buttons. I did all that only to find out it's about an inch too wide to fit in my basement. Chassis looks to be Kortek but could be one of the Korean clones. Not sure.

• Good:
    • Solid cab
    • No water damage
    • New controls
  • Bad:
    • It's big--32" wide and weighs a ton. The MK bootleg pcb needs to be reflowed as there are some graphical glitches when it powers up. It fixes itself after it warms up or if you apply some pressure to the rom board.
    • The low kick buttons are not connected.
  • Ugly:
    • Nothing

Namco cab
https://imgur.com/a/gDfnE9z

Background: I got it as a Blitz and planned on converting it to a dedicated Atomiswave Dolphin Blue. As seems to be a pattern with me, I didn't check the size and there's no way I can fit it in my basement.

• Good:
    • Solid cab. No water damage.
  • Bad:
    • It's big. Like 34" wide big. The upper CRT box and control panel box don't separate easily from the main cabinet.
    • No jamma harness included.
  • Ugly:
    • When I got the cab there were some mouse droppings on the wood ledge near the bottom of the monitor (see pics). It wasn't anything crazy and looked recent. I cleaned it up and hit it with some enzyme cleaner. Unfortunately, that enzyme cleaner has a floral fragrance so now the cab has a faint smell of grandma's perfume. I spray painted that area black in hopes of sealing it in but it still smells flowery.

Last edited:
Back