What's new
For Sale

Arthrimus

Champion
Reaction score
Ok, here's the giveaway. A few days ago user @ItsACerealWow posted up these two NEO-GEO motherboards for free in non working condition for anyone who wanted to attempt to get them working again. I was the one who ended up with them and I'm now happy to announce that they have both been restored to working condition. Since I already have a surplus of NEO-GEO hardware, I decided that it would be nice to offer these newly repaired boards to some other members on the forum.

There are two boards available.

MV1C: This board was described as completely non functional and that it shorts out the previous owner's supergun setup. The repair ended up being pretty simple. The main fuse was blown. I checked for shorts on the 5v rail. No problems found so I replaced the fuse and tested. It fired right up and boots to BIOS and cartridges. The Jamma edge is cracked on both sides, which makes it possible to insert it into a JAMMA harness with 5v shorted to GND, which is probably how the fuse was blown originally. This board is probably a good candidate for consolization due to this problem, otherwise great care needs to be taken when plugging this board in. I am including a JAMMA connector key to help prevent the board from being misaligned when inserted into a JAMMA connector. Finally I installed a NEO Bios Masta with a Universe Bios V4.
IMG_20210223_233347__01.jpg

IMG_20210223_233808__01.jpg

MV1FZ: This board was described as able to power on, but only showing garbled graphics. When I received it the board wouldn't boot with or without a cartridge inserted. Flexing the board revealed that it does boot, but only when pressure is applied to the LSPC2-A2. I reflowed LSPC2-A2 now it boots to BIOS and boots cartridges. Next problem was no audio just buzzing and static. I cleaned and adjusted volume pot, audio is back, but the pot still has a deadzone even after cleaning with DeOxit. I replaced the pot with a new one and now audio is fully working throughout the entire volume range. Finally I installed a Universe Bios V4.
IMG_20210223_233905__01.jpg

IMG_20210223_233822__01.jpg

Giveaway Rules.
This giveaway is for the USA only. I ask that the winners pay for shipping cost $15 for Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box. Please do not enter if you plan to turn around and resell the board. I want them to go to people who will actually use them.

Instructions to Enter.
I have chosen a number between 1 and 100. In order to win you must post your guess as to the number that I have chosen in this thread. P.M.s will not be accepted. Whoever guesses the closest number wins the first board and gets to pick which one they want. The person who is second to the closest number will receive the remaining board. If there is a tie then the tie will be broken by choosing which of the two users posted their number first. You have until 10pm Central time tomorrow (2/24/21) to make your guesses. I will announce the winners at that time. Good luck everyone.

well this is cool- sure, why not :P

been sitting on one of those off-brand yellow multicarts for forever without picking up an mvs to go with it; might be fate lol.

Sounds like fun, I'm in. I'll say 76.

Nice work fixing them @Arthrimus and props for giving them away to good homes!

Super awesome that you fixed these boards!

My guess will be 36

Back