What's new
For Sale
We could always bump up the order to 20 carts or more.
Just buy his entire stock, you know you want to. ;)
lol, nah, I have all that I want with the NG MVS with Darksofts multi, the only games I would look to get on it would be the NG Dev Team ones, but I aint paying those prices for the carts on a game I cant try out. Atleast most arcade/console stuff you can try out in mame.

I'm not super up on Neo conversions, but last I knew you needed compatible PROG and CHA boards (I included a link so you could reference these yourself).
I thought the deal with NG Dev is they used custom PCBs that have no direct equivalent (in some cases I thought they even put a arm cpu into the cart itself much like SNES did with the enhancement chips/carts).

If I'm correct about this, it means you ain't make'n no NG Dev conversions (especially from this donor).

If anyone wants to do a group buy to the US let me know, I’m keen on getting 2 or 3 of these kits.
I'd be in for a US group buy as well. I'm in Baltimore, MD. Let me know.Thanks,
Rob
I put aside one for @werejag and another for @acblunden2 from the 5 I originally wanted.
But yeah, if there is more interest Im sure @twistedsymphony will be happy to work it out. We could always bump up the order to 20 carts or more.

Anyone in the US that wants to order these please express your interest.
I appreciate it. Let me know where I should send the money. :thumbup:

Thanks again.

If anyone wants to do a group buy to the US let me know, I’m keen on getting 2 or 3 of these kits.
I'd be in for a US group buy as well. I'm in Baltimore, MD. Let me know.Thanks,
Rob
I put aside one for @werejag and another for @acblunden2 from the 5 I originally wanted.
But yeah, if there is more interest Im sure @twistedsymphony will be happy to work it out. We could always bump up the order to 20 carts or more.

Anyone in the US that wants to order these please express your interest.
I'm down for 2-3 to shipped to NYC.

I am not super educated on Neo cart stuff and conversions. I have a MVS that I recapped/neobiosmasta/stereo modded in my closet but I have no games to even test it with. I was gonna save up for a Darksoft multi. I wouldn't mind collecting some actual games for it though. I express interest in 1 of these kits, and would express for more if I knew exactly what I could do with the extra that I couldn't already do with a Darksoft Multi. I am not opposed to conversions if it would get me some super rare to obtain cart but if the Darksoft already covers that then it's a moot point.

Any videos I look up on the subject seem to mention MVS to AES conversions. I'll have to scour the interwebs a bit more before I commit to more than 1 kit. Seems like such a good deal though.

Last edited:
I am not opposed to conversions if it would get me some super rare to obtain cart but if the Darksoft already covers that then it's a moot point.
More or less my feelings on the matter.
As @Derick2k said the games you can't play on Darksoft multi, the NG Dev games...
I don't believe its possible to make conversions for them, at least not from these PCBs anyway.

I'm not super up on Neo conversions, but last I knew you needed compatible PROG and CHA boards (I included a link so you could reference these yourself).
I thought the deal with NG Dev is they used custom PCBs that have no direct equivalent (in some cases I thought they even put a arm cpu into the cart itself much like SNES did with the enhancement chips/carts).

If I'm correct about this, it means you ain't make'n no NG Dev conversions (especially from this donor).
Not making conversions with these, i have them slated for another use.

For anyone who isnt aware. Realbout Fatal Fury is a solid game. Totally worth $30.

Also, please do not kill working games. :thumbup:

Reactions: nem
Also, please do not kill working games.
I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people interested in buying one of these is going to kill/convert it.
So while that above statement might get some traction other places, its falling on already decided ears here. :evil:

I do have some preservationist in me, but as long as 150 of these carts exist in a single place I say 145 of them won't ever be missed.
Also the fact that he has 150 of them kinda speaks to the games quality/desirability wouldn't you agree? :whistling:

Show me the stack of 150 original Pulstar's... Oh wait, I think @kidpanda has it. ;)

Also, please do not kill working games.
I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the people interested in buying one of these is going to kill/convert it.So while that above statement might get some traction other places, its falling on already decided ears here. :evil:

I do have some preservationist in me, but as long as 150 of these carts exist in a single place I say 145 of them won't ever be missed.
Also the fact that he has 150 of them kinda speaks to the games quality/desirability wouldn't you agree? :whistling:

Show me the stack of 150 original Pulstar's... Oh wait, I think @kidpanda has it. ;)
That might be the case now, but doesnt mean it will be in 10 years.

We've all seen how crazy Neo prices can get, games that where once $30 are now 5x - 10x that.

These arnt like shovelware sports games for SNES/Genesis. Where you can literally goto any goodwill or yard sale and find a stack of them.

Plus, making Neo conversions is tedious work. It's much better to just buy a "repro" from one of the famous bootleggers online. Atleast then, no carts are sacrificed as they all pretty much use brand new PCBs and components.

If you have to make a conversion cart, then buy a bootleg from ebay. They're about the same price.

Basically yes, he is selling hundreds of complete Real Bout kits (well almost complete missing flyers, and something is off with that cart label looks fake).
Well, no. There's nothing complete about these "kits". It's a genuine RBFF cart with a fake label (possibly genuine Japanese label underneath?), a blue bubble bag and a genuine MVS kit box with another fake label. No artwork at all.

This said, it's still a good price for a good game. Keep the game and use the pristine box for that MVS kit that you have with the tape mark / pen mark ridden box. It should be pretty easy to swap labels on boxes.

Like @Niko, I'm also on Team Don't Use RBFF For Conversions. You can pick up MVS bootlegs for this purpose.

If you have to make a conversion cart, then buy a bootleg from ebay. They're about the same price.
If you can show me where I can buy a bootleg Twinkle Star Sprites and/or Money Puzzle Exchanger for under $50 that would be greatly appreciated.

If you can show me where I can buy a bootleg Twinkle Star Sprites and/or Money Puzzle Exchanger for under $50 that would be greatly appreciated.
I was saying buy any bootleg on ebay and convert that to whatever game. Not necessarily that you would find a bootleg of your desired game for ~$50

With that said, the ebay seller "bigbearwithflames" used to make the more desired bootleg games for about $100. Which is a pretty good price considering the amount of time/work it takes to make one.

It would cost more to make a real bout than the cost of the game here new in box.

There's plenty of shit games / faulty games / already chipped games out there, no need to sack these.

Twinkle star / money exchange would be easy to make, it's all down to the 'meg count' ... the lower the 'meg' the easier / cheaper to make.
If your lucky you can get a game full of eproms and it helps keep costs down, but it's always put luck.

Metal slug 4 bootlegs and some king of fighter are worth more in eproms than the game if you are lucky enough to get a version stacked with eproms and not flash.

I'm not planning on converting these carts but I have been looking for some bootlegs for conversion candidates for sengoku 2 and 3 over the past few months.

There are a handful of bootlegs under $30 shipped on eBay but they're in really rough shape and no pictures of the PCBs to determine how viable a candidate they are. Once you get past those toward bootlegs with decent cases and pics of the PCBs the price jumps up to around $80 and conversions I'm seeing listed are in the $250 range.

I'm not planning on converting these carts but I have been looking for some bootlegs for conversion candidates for sengoku 2 and 3 over the past few months.
Sengoku 3 is a harder game to convert because the GFX roms are on a CHAFIO board. You need a decrypted set of roms if you want to use any other board for the task.

I appreciate the advice but I know whats involved. My point is that the pricing landscape in his hobby changes every few months and if you want people to NOT convert these carts then your best option would be to provide real links to real listings where the cheaper/more suitable options exist.

There are a handful of bootlegs under $30 shipped on eBay but they're in really rough shape and no pictures of the PCBs to determine how viable a candidate they are. Once you get past those toward bootlegs with decent cases and pics of the PCBs the price jumps up to around $80 and conversions I'm seeing listed are in the $250 range.
what cart boards you looking for? got several here but no plastic shells.... :(
At this point buying dead ones just for the shells, it makes the pot luck element less important as there's always something ready to go before finding a good case.
some of them turn out to be easy repairs / good games if this happens then try again for a case :)

Sengoku 3 is a harder game to convert because the GFX roms are on a CHAFIO board. You need a decrypted set of roms if you want to use any other board for the task.
I think that uses 64 mb roms too... maybe wrong... decrypted or not anything above 27c322 is a bitch job.
There's for sure a CHA512y sat around here if you want to try the decrypted C and jumper wire tech... Ain't got time for that shit LOL

Back