What's new
Mark your items as sold

MountainDewFKR

Student
Reaction score
***SOLD***

Hey guys, selling my complete DS CPS3 setup with Scsi2SD. It works with no issues. Selling it due to me not really using this board anymore.I stopped playing 3s.
Currently has 3s loaded.

$1150 obo shipped in the US
PM me any offers
Located in Houston, TX

jJMxU9e.jpeg

n9UFrYn.jpeg
75RfrUh.jpeg
kOKAPjJ.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly not trying to thread crap but are these really going for over $1k now? Jesus... I got one for $500 + shipping a little over a year ago. Crazy how this hobby has been going of late.

GLWS.

Honestly not trying to thread crap but are these really going for over $1k now? Jesus... I got one for $500 + shipping a little over a year ago. Crazy how this hobby has been going of late.

GLWS.
This is the fourth or fifth one over 1k on here recently if I'm not mistaken.

And I believe they've all sold too.

I'm just glad I've been collecting long enough I have most of the stuff I want already... I do treat these games kind of like stocks sometimes, especially when I have multiple copies.

My guess is the peak value will come when those who grew up with the games have the most money.
we got another 20 to 30 years to go?

My guess is the peak value will come when those who grew up with the games have the most money.
For games like this, it kinda depends. Games like ST and 3S tend to retain their value because theres still active communities that are playing the games locally in tournaments. While covid has obviously slowed that down, any TO that wants to further support the game/their community will more than likely eventually get into real arcade hardware over the ports that have almost always been lacking or shotty at best- especially for games like 3S where the average "high-level" player will be very quick to tell you that they can't hit their confirms unless it's on a real board on a CRT.

Once had a dude at a local legit tell me he couldn't hit his confirms (while playing on a real board on a crt, mind you) because they had to play with their controller in their lap...which wasn't the average height/position of a VS city control panel. Some of these old-head players are REAL SERIOUS about their games/equipment; it genuinely gets silly sometimes and the price matches the attitudes :rolleyes: lol

i have multi that is mounted on a piece of wood! i bought it that way.. haha
i want to make mine as nice looking as this seller.. get rid of that CD drive!
great to learn from this forum.. i love it

When Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection, many were dumping their CPS3 setups for ~$600.
Before that I'd say the average price was ~$700.
Maybe it's the new SIMMs, or just more people in getting into arcade hardware, but I don't think these $1k prices are gonna dip anytime soon unless another 3rd Strike port gets released onto newer consoles.

Damn! Sold mine for $650 during the summer of 2018. Granted it sold in about 20 minutes and I was going for a break even sale, but DAMN! Third Strike has indeed become the hipster w/ too much cash fighting game of choice...

Don't worry OP I'm not knocking on you, I would have gladly taken $1000 had it been offered to me two years ago lol.

Damn! Sold mine for $650 during the summer of 2018. Granted it sold in about 20 minutes and I was going for a break even sale, but DAMN! Third Strike has indeed become the hipster w/ too much cash fighting game of choice...

Don't worry OP I'm not knocking on you, I would have gladly taken $1000 had it been offered to me two years ago lol.
Same here, sold mine for €550 including SD2SCSI also plexi case.
Prices really have skyrocketed

When Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection, many were dumping their CPS3 setups for ~$600.
Before that I'd say the average price was ~$700.
Maybe it's the new SIMMs, or just more people in getting into arcade hardware, but I don't think these $1k prices are gonna dip anytime soon unless another 3rd Strike port gets released onto newer consoles.
you have already good port, for me the best is on XBOX OG, but you always a lag or differrence command answer vs original, why you wil never (except FPGA) perfect port.

For games like this, it kinda depends. Games like ST and 3S tend to retain their value because theres still active communities that are playing the games locally in tournaments. While covid has obviously slowed that down, any TO that wants to further support the game/their community will more than likely eventually get into real arcade hardware over the ports that have almost always been lacking or shotty at best- especially for games like 3S where the average "high-level" player will be very quick to tell you that they can't hit their confirms unless it's on a real board on a CRT.
Once had a dude at a local legit tell me he couldn't hit his confirms (while playing on a real board on a crt, mind you) because they had to play with their controller in their lap...which wasn't the average height/position of a VS city control panel. Some of these old-head players are REAL SERIOUS about their games/equipment; it genuinely gets silly sometimes and the price matches the attitudes :rolleyes: lol
Reminds of guitar players who seem to think they need a custom shop Les Paul and a Marshall half stack to sound great, meanwhile there's a kid on Youtube with a Chinese knockoff guitar and a solid state practice amp that can play circles around them.

I think what makes a great player is to be able to adapt to different situations and environments. If everything has to be lined up perfect for someone to win, then they aren't as good as they think they are. Imagine if professional sports teams said "You only won because we weren't playing at my stadium!!!".

CPS3 price stays high because of FAN BASE!
3rd Strike is still heavily in rotation at tournaments
being that guy with the OG hardware makes you a fuckin mac daddy
3S makes CPS3 a holy grail..... the multi on top just makes it more juicy

it is arguable the best street fighter ever made

CPS3 price stays high because of FAN BASE!
3rd Strike is still heavily in rotation at tournaments
being that guy with the OG hardware makes you a fuckin mac daddy
3S makes CPS3 a holy grail..... the multi on top just makes it more juicy

it is arguable the best street fighter ever made
On this forum in particular I feel like it was more so artificially inflated by one particular person that always seems to have them in stock along with certain ODEs flipped at 500% profit. They were consistently sold for around the same price before their listings appeared. That being said, if people really want the game and have the cash then so be it. Still lame though that one person essentially turned this place into eBay...

Back