What's new
For Sale
Dang dude, I just got mine. I was surprised by this "retail" box you got here. You should be proud of yourself and it's a pleasure to be supporting your efforts! :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_5652.JPEG
    IMG_5652.JPEG
    260.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5653.JPEG
    IMG_5653.JPEG
    240.4 KB · Views: 79
Dang dude, I just got mine. I was surprised by this "retail" box you got here. You should be proud of yourself and it's a pleasure to be supporting your efforts! :thumbup:
Thanks, I appreciate that. I wanted to go all out and do custom foam inserts but those were 8 weeks lead time and had to order like 2K sets, the custom boxes were a bit easier/faster to get done.

I'm interested in (2) of these if you have any available stock after your fulfillments are made!

Watch out, you get too official looking you are gonna get a c&d letter.

Ok, so @jassin000 and @thomas3184 Identified an issue with the center PCB I did not catch on the production run boards. The test/proto boards were fine.

On the production run, one set of holes are offset by .5mm, yes that small of an amount.

1655338554799-png.png

@thomas3184 The holes that needed to be enlarged/shifted were on the opposite end.

I have no idea why they are off, but I will be sending everyone replacements as soon as I get them manufactured.
In the meantime, you guys can simply enlarge the holes in the direction of the arrow about 1-2mm to be safe. It won't hurt the PCB or the circuit. This is for the center PCB only.
Do not bend the PCB into place, please just enlarge the holes to get your installation going while I get you guys replacement boards asap.

Most likely on the next run, I will do elongated/oval holes for easier alignment.

I am totally embarrassed but :(this oversight on my part, I should have double-checked the fitment so I apologize to you all.

Last edited:
I am totally embarrassed but :(this oversight on my part, I should have double-checked the fitment so I apologize to you all.
It was really so minor bro I assumed it was my issue for having a slight bend in my mounting frame or I would have mentioned it in the install guide.
I for one don't need a new center replacement, rather I'll just slightly enlarge my holes (hehe) to fit it better.

@thomas3184 provided a nice image of the (very minor) modification here...
58ac1f2c-2a67-4868-bcd7-3da1061f07af-jpeg.jpg

Can easily be preformed with a small rounded hand file (no need for anything crazy like power drills or Drummels).

Last edited by a moderator:
It was really so minor bro I assumed it was my issue for having a slight bend in my mounting frame or I would have mentioned it in the install guide.
I for one don't need a new center replacement, rather I'll just slightly enlarge my holes (hehe) to fit it better.
Thank you bro, its an easy fix. But, I will still order a batch of replacement pcbs for those that want them, Im almost ready to order the dual led boards, top/bottom, so I will add the replacement boards to that batch.

For the bottom leds, Im gonna guess people would like a way to dimm/turn them off???

Thank you bro, its an easy fix. But, I will still order a batch of replacement pcbs for those that want them, Im almost ready to order the dual led boards, top/bottom, so I will add the replacement boards to that batch.

For the bottom leds, Im gonna guess people would like a way to dimm/turn them off???

I don’t need a replacement either, mine works fine. Make sure you file the correct side or else you get overlapping boards.

Also yes, dim/turn off would be nice.

Last edited:
I don’t need a replacement either, mine works fine. Make sure you file the correct side or else you get overlapping boards.
Yeah, I will be taking some pics to show everyone.

Also, dont tighten the screws all the way until all 4 on each pcb are inserted and threaded so the pcbs can center off a bit.

Alright guys, placed an order for replacement pcbs for the centerboard for everyone that ordered. Cause Im not happy with it and so shouldn't you :( So gotta make things right.

So a quick temporary fix is just to file/shave off a tiny bit on the inside side of the 4 holes, like 1mm-2mm at most

1655347262820.png

This should give it more than enough clearance for the pcb to sit confortably without any stress.

Don't worry about it brother. It's nothing not a big deal.

I didn't even noticed it that much I just screwed that in there with a little movement and went in and done.

Don't worry about it brother. It's nothing not a big deal.

I didn't even noticed it that much I just screwed that in there with a little movement and went in and done.
Thnaks bro. I know, but still, it bothers me and Im a little ocd with things, but in a good way. Im just annoyed with myself I didn't catch it.

Next is dual led pcbs in white for the purists and sometime soon the rgb ones you wanted. The RGB might be a bit limited though, sourcing neopixel leds in the right size is almost impossible. And the regular rgbs would need a controller added to created those funky rgb effects, but are bit easier to source right now.

Lets chat tomorrow about the other stuff for trade :)

Yeah, I’m just gonna buy a dual led one later, so no need to waste time and money sending a center replacement.

Got both of mines today 😁..

@Derick2k went above and beyond with the boxes i love them 😍. Im definitely not throwing them out.

And about the center piece is cool if you dont send another center piece bro. I get it im super OCD as well but is not a big deal we are just so happy for this kit 😁

Attachments

• 98EF208A-7253-4935-BB98-2FC228816112.jpeg
    98EF208A-7253-4935-BB98-2FC228816112.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DA73E7B8-CC86-4644-A5E0-44BC6503E5C2.jpeg
    DA73E7B8-CC86-4644-A5E0-44BC6503E5C2.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 73
Got both of mines today 😁..

@Derick2k went above and beyond with the boxes i love them 😍. Im definitely not throwing them out.

And about the center piece is cool if you dont send another center piece bro. I get it im super OCD as well but is not a big deal we are just so happy for this kit 😁
I need to see this on your Diamond Black, is the marquee on it the proper acrylic like on the FC? Just asking to see if Taito was still using the same up to that point.

Back