What's new
For Sale
CE is 12mhz tho. Isn't it just World Warrior that ran on 10mhz? Are there really that many more common 10mhz boards or that socal just jumped straight from WW to HF? I find either or both hard to believe.

was there upgrade kits from WW to CE? I assume yes... so boards could have been double upgrade kitted instead of buying new motherboards.

Also yes, we are arguing semantics and other esoteric details... but i thought that was the point of this conversation? Let's bring the truth to the surface not say things are inconsequential...

was there upgrade kits from WW to CE? I assume yes... so boards could have been double upgrade kitted instead of buying new motherboards.

Also yes, we are arguing semantics and other esoteric details... but i thought that was the point of this conversation? Let's bring the truth to the surface not say things are inconsequential...
Nope, WW and CE has a complete different B board and C board.
So the only way to upgrade it swap out complete B+C stack.

From CE to HF is only 3 roms

@PascalP is correct, no official WW to HF kit exists.
It was a CE to HF kit.

CE was not sold independently from the A-board.
It was arcade ops, who likely didn't know the difference that swapped em when a board died.
meaning to say that an op would buy CE, the A board would die, and they would just dig out the old WW board and make the unofficial swap?

@PascalP is correct, no official WW to HF kit exists.
It was a CE to HF kit.

CE was not sold independently from the A-board.
It was arcade ops, who likely didn't know the difference that swapped em when a board died.
meaning to say that an op would buy CE, the A board would die, and they would just dig out the old WW board and make the unofficial swap?
Correct, or for whatever other reason they would grab an ‘old’ 10MHz A board they had lying around

Last edited:
Back