What's new
Mark your items as sold
BTW USP online estimating tool is wrooooooong. That sucker ended up costing about $130 to ship with 5 day shipping with tracking and insurance.
ouch. ive started to use fedex a bit more for larger packages, they usually beat usps by around $20-30 with a 2-4 delivery time.

Also, did you print/pay the label yourself, or you had them do it at the post office?

ive started to use fedex a bit more for larger packages, they usually beat usps by around $20-30 with a 2-4 delivery time.
+1.

Also UPS Stores will charge you anywhere from 10-100% more than paying on-line and printing yourself. They're individually owned and operated and can charge what they want.

I shipped an x68000 to Suverman and checked the price on-line, went into the store and they wanted $290 more. Had to traipse across the parking lot to a FedEx office, buy the label on my phone, email it to the FedEx office, print it off, walk back over to the UPS Store and ship it on off...

Yeah, it's pretty much USPS & FedEx for me now. UPS prices are ridiculous.

Well just look at their charges for boxing things for you. That's how they make their money. Service fees.

Also note the rates and the weight cutoff for each. For an example, I shipped a box to canada last week via USPS. At first I used the original box they sent me. Super dense and heavy box. Came to 5 lbs and $55 for first class shipping. So I used a different box but some of the same balled up paper he sent me. 3lb 3oz. and $35. So I replaced all the balled up paper with packing peanuts. Weight was 2lb 15oz and cost was down to $25. Every ounce counts.

I know they suck for the environment but I keep all packing peanuts I receive in a huge box and reuse them. If we reuse them over and over they dont end up in the landfills or floating down the street in a light breeze. But also, importantly, they save you money.

Great mounting! Definitely going to steal that. Looks like ~19x16x7 overall dimensions right? Did you buy the brackets pre drilled or did you make them yourself?

Great mounting! Definitely going to steal that. Looks like ~19x16x7 overall dimensions right? Did you buy the brackets pre drilled or did you make them yourself?
I will measure the board later tonight for ya, but I used the original Blast City mounting board as a template with my router. The brackets are a bunch of L brackets bolted together that I got from Lowe's

I will measure the board later tonight for ya, but I used the original Blast City mounting board as a template with my router. The brackets are a bunch of L brackets bolted together that I got from Lowe's
Thanks! I'm probably going to run up to home depot tonight with the blast city board and get some copies cut out if they still do that. I have lots of boards to mount lol. The original board doesnt really act like plywood when drilling I wonder if it's some kind of particle board or MDF or something.

Oh no. The original is real plywood. I also pre-drill all of the holes to keep it from splitting.

Back