What's new
Can you elaborate about the file system or lack thereof? Usually after imaging a GNET game it has a mountable FS. I haven't dove into the images as deeply as I can yet by any means.

I originally wanted to do bank switched 64MB blocks anyway, so however we can go about achieving that would be neat.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/zn1-bios-v2-board-arrives.15384/page-8#post-313956

My development is mostly in this post, my method everything needs to be done AGAIN but properly with all the new info.
Along with that all the conversions mod man could not do will be possible as the full library is decrypted now.

TBH "locked in to CF" is not the only problem here, you guys seem locked into the "GNET top board" :P
Maybe it's time to merge the ZN and G net threads / topics into a PSX ARCADE HW section where it's not all spread out.

Can you elaborate about the file system or lack thereof? Usually after imaging a GNET game it has a mountable FS. I haven't dove into the images as deeply as I can yet by any means.

I originally wanted to do bank switched 64MB blocks anyway, so however we can go about achieving that would be neat.

It was in another thread on here but apocalypse and I inspected the images and he worked on the bios with mame. If you look in a hex editor you’ll find going past the piddly filesystem that shows on a pc there’s a bunch of raw hex data which holds the game.

Edit: also great to hear everything’s decrypted :D make me a sub board to buy ;)

Well, that's half right...

The "old 2011 mod bios" does that method for the conversions, however the normal games use the actual filesystem.

Sub board at the moment only loads from rom, so G net stuff needs to be backported (it's based off taito FX hardware anyway)

I just got an Astro City and hooked up my naomi cf to it. Now everything makes sense. I am glad that in 2022, we are still kinda talking about naomi cf solution. I have been looking for a sd to cf adapter that had a selector but of course haven’t found one yet. How can each of us help? The netdimm boot is really awesome but not everyone was lucky to get a netdimm for a good price. Also, currently the availability of raspberry pis at retail price is scarce. The naomi cf is a fine device. It’ll be too cool to develop a multi card for it.

I just got an Astro City and hooked up my naomi cf to it. Now everything makes sense. I am glad that in 2022, we are still kinda talking about naomi cf solution. I have been looking for a sd to cf adapter that had a selector but of course haven’t found one yet. How can each of us help? The netdimm boot is really awesome but not everyone was lucky to get a netdimm for a good price. Also, currently the availability of raspberry pis at retail price is scarce. The naomi cf is a fine device. It’ll be too cool to develop a multi card for it.
there is a product that would be useful actually

Back