What's new
Want To Buy
SU is censored tho, which imo defeats the point

n/m according to mame it's asia version of S2.

Should be a ROM swap to change the region if you wanted.

SU is under a different parent room in MAME tho.
Doesn't that mean it wouldn't matter if you swapped the Mobo region?

SU is under a different parent room in MAME tho.
I think you might be confused. there are actually 2 separate games called "Gals Panic SU"
one is a bootleg based on Gals Panic 4, the other is the Korean release of Gals Panic S2.

I can tell you that the official Gals Panic SU (being the Korean release of Gals Panic S2) is a matter of simply 2 swapping out 2 socketed ROMs on the cart to make it S2. I know this because I've done it myself. Though to my knowledge SU isn't sensors, it's just a language difference. I'd be curious if you know of a resource that lists out the differences beyond language.

the GPSU carts in the Korean market are all converted from S2 carts from the factory, they even just place a sticker over the label (you can see this in the auction listing) so if you even care about that you can peal off the over label and have the original S2 label also.

you can see what the more bootleg GP4 version of SU looks like here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/is-this-a-bootleg-gals-panic-su.11226/ note that's completely different from the ebay listing I linked.

Last edited:
some good info here...

https://gamicus.fandom.com/wiki/Gals_Panic

I was also under the impression that SU was a censored version of S2, but it seems just a language swap with the phone service removed.

English version​

An English version was released for Asian market. In addition to English interface, there are following changes:

• The phone feature was removed from game play. As a result, the intro no longer includes references the hot line phone number. However, the phone sound can still be heard in service mode sound test.
  • Only 3 sets of English voices are used within single player game. In each voice set, attack voices are reduced to 1. In addition, there are only 3 different losing text quotes from the models. However, this does not affect the voices in Showtime and intro speeches, which are still unique to each stage. English and Japanese voice samples can be heard in service mode, for both Japanese and English versions of the game.
  • In character bio screen, the designer, voice actress, profession fields are replaced by age, weight, and body sizes fields.
  • In Rumiko Takeda stage, the intro speech was shortened so that only part of the speech is spoken. However, in service mode, the entire English voice can still be heard, which is stored in 2 separate samples.
The website also references the S-series games having a head to head VS mode, though I've never seen it to confirm.

Yeah from what I'm finding messing with MAME it looks like the euro and Korean (SU) versions are censored, as even with messing with dips, bios, and multiple 100% clears there haven't been any showtime events.
I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't seem to make the rom swap work in MAME either.

but in all honesty, paying full price for something i'd have to rom swap anyway doesn't really appeal to me.

English would be nice, but let’s be real… we’re about that Showtime DX.

Back