What's new

Astral

Student
Reaction score
Hey everyone, was looking for CPS3 info back in 2011 or 2012, and stumbled upon the blog. Been following it since then.

Life is finally stable, and Im looking to assemble a CPS3 setup. When I get a cart do I just PM one of the main mods?

Thanks for the forum

Welcome!

Please update your profile with your general location. Where you are depends on who will help you get the SperBIOS.

Well I went for it, found a working CPS3 on eBay, and got a supergun from Windy Gaming. Now I need to figure out a DB15 (or is it DA15?) solution and hook up an arcade stick, extra SIMM and the regular cart mod.

Attachments

• cps3.jpg
    cps3.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 187
if you have a USB based fight stick, hit up @undamned to see if he has any of his USB converters in stock. otherwise you can google "db15 screw terminal" and you will see a ton of cheap basic db15 connectors.

Fortunately the extra SIMMS are much easier to find these days too, I'm sure people will be happy to help you source what you need :)

Welcome to the forum

if you have a USB based fight stick, hit up @undamned to see if he has any of his USB converters in stock. otherwise you can google "db15 screw terminal" and you will see a ton of cheap basic db15 connectors.
I was looking into this a bit, I think the SG I bought has a slightly different pin arrangement, so I might have to take the "make my own connector" route

hey there are lots of solutions, that's part of the fun of this hobby. Good luck!

I was looking into this a bit, I think the SG I bought has a slightly different pin arrangement, so I might have to take the "make my own connector" route
Welcome aboard bud. Someone started making these things and they have been wonderful for arcade junkies for different purposes.

That Windy Gaming Supergun looks pretty good, but it doesn't seem to match the UD-USB-Decoder :(

ya, ekorz i know what i got into hah, its part of the hobby.

and acblunden2, thanks, thats probably the easiest route

Nice setup so far. I'm in the supergun club too so feel free to reach out.

Back