What's new
Want To Buy

KalessinDB

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have my GBA Consolizer. Full console version. What I do not have is the skills to install it myself. A local buddy of mine might be able to install it, but he's not 100% sure, so I'd rather just ship it to someone who can do it and give you some cash for your time.

If you happen to have a GBA to sell me to sacrifice for it, so much the better (currently all mine are SPs), but I can grab one off eBay easily enough. Fuck it, I just scooped one on the bay.

Hit me up, you beautiful people. Would obviously strongly prefer a US-based installer, though if you're in Toronto or something and can pull off same day service, I'll bring it up next time I'm visiting :)

Last edited:
Two installs I did for myself that I said I'd never do again/for anyone else...
  • PSIO
  • GBA Consolize
:/

And that's fair. I made my local buddy install my PSIO and he managed it but wasn't happy about it, so I figured I would try to take it easy on him this time. I'm sure someone will pipe up, we got some A++ people on this board :D

Two installs I did for myself that I said I'd never do again/for anyone else...
  • PSIO
  • GBA Consolize
:/
I did the psio. It wasn't too bad, but cutting the traces was a little nerve wracking.

Reactions: nem
I didn't find the PSIO to be that bad. But the GBA consolizer was troublesome.

Biggest issue I had with it is that the instructions and the video don't match up 1:1 and I'm apparently not as good at following along with the video as I am if there were just instructions laid out in front of me. A lot of searching back and forth to find the right camera angle of something I wanted to confirm too.

Anyway, you did me a huge solid on the posters @KalessinDB. If you can't get one of the real pro guys to do it, I'm in, ha. I don't have a GBA to offer unfortunately.

The GBA Consolizer was a PITA to install, mainly because of the really delicate pads for button inputs you gotta solder. I ended up tearing a couple on my install, and had to hunt down an alternative spot to solder to.
Other than that, the SNES connector was a bitch to do as well because the through-holes were so wide that you have to keep feeding it tons of solder to fill up.

I actually have to go back and check my work again. These days I get intermittent connections on the button inputs, sometimes when I boot-up the inputs only register if I'm holding down the buttons. They don't register on button press. I think I might have a loose ground somewhere.
I'd do this mod again, but I wouldn't trust myself enough to do it for anyone else.

The next big mod I have on deck is the DCHDMI. That mod looks even more difficult, and I'm seriously thinking about paying a pro to do it..

The next big mod I have on deck is the DCHDMI. That mod looks even more difficult, and I'm seriously thinking about paying a pro to do it..
I've got DCHDMI and WiiHDMI in a box somewhere that I'm gonna send off to @Mobiusstriptech eventually... just more important stuff seems to keep coming up, you know how it goes...

The consolizer is incredibly tedious. The new case option does make it a bit easier to assemble, but there is absolutely jack for instructions with the new case and even some of the old stuff. Some of the bridges you need to do are only shown in random videos and only on damaged systems. Making it hard to tell what to do.

If you don't feel comfortable doing a DCHDMI, then I'd say that is a good sign not to. 3doRGB and DCHDMI have been really bad for rework jobs. Many can't be salvaged. Most of the people doing those installs have taken the opinion of any rework job instantly costs at least double normal install. At least from all the ones I have spoken to that are willing to take them.

Looks like @Voultar is offering it on his website soooo unless someone else is dying to do it or charging less than $110 (which given the amount of work it looks to be, I call fair for good work) I'll probably just poke at him soon.

Biggest issue I had with it is that the instructions and the video don't match up 1:1
Yes that 100%!

And not only that... but one of his images is even wrong!
I copied what I saw perfectly, only to have a directional input not work.
I circled the mistake in this image.
IOnNKrw.png

uRBBmTd.jpg

Should be TP6 as the breakout board says (not VDD3 like his image and what I copied show).
Proof of his/Game-Tech's fuckup.

Also, I don't claim to be some solder/rework pro... But that Game-Tech dude is way less skilled than me.
Not what you'd expect from someone selling installs as a service (ie wrong images and poor over-stripped/exposed joints).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't feel comfortable doing a DCHDMI, then I'd say that is a good sign not to. 3doRGB and DCHDMI have been really bad for rework jobs.
Yeah, my Dreamcast is sacred. I would be in a deep state of depression if I fucked it up.

I charge less for the consolizer but I am pretty swamped currently with Nomads.
Damn. I was going to ask you how your wait list was going, and if you could fit in my DCHDMI install. I don't have it yet, I'm on the March Pre-order shipment, so maybe you'll have some time freed by then?

@opt2not I think I'm doing a DC-HDMI install for @KingSopz in the near future.
I don't want to say "yes" before I've gotten to do one yet, but if its reasonable I'll hook it up.

Normally I don't even charge for solder work (you just gotta keep me stoned the entire time I'm doing it). ;)

There's that Dragon's Hoard mod guy . At the very least seems to do enough installs and paying someone else at least guarantee if they fuck it up then they will make it right. I also need the DCHDMI installed and it's not for a lack of skill, but if I do burn a pad which I tend to do on those small ribbon cables often, you have to hope Dan Kunz might have spares laying around. Too risky.

I don't want to say "yes" before I've gotten to do one yet, but if its reasonable I'll hook it up.

Normally I don't even charge for solder work (you just gotta keep me stoned the entire time I'm doing it). ;)
Yeah go through and install first and see how it is. I'm usually not shy to do these kind of mods (I've done the GBA Consolizer, SSDS3 v1 audio and video updates, etc...) but the DCHDMI looks pretty intimidating. If it were any other console, I'd probably attempt it. But I love my DC too much to put it "under the knife" by my own hands.

Yeah go through and install first and see how it is. I'm usually not shy to do these kind of mods (I've done the GBA Consolizer, SSDS3 v1 audio and video updates, etc...) but the DCHDMI looks pretty intimidating. If it were any other console, I'd probably attempt it. But I love my DC too much to put it "under the knife" by my own hands.
i’m doing... no matter what ! I just wait the sd card extender to start all mods on my DC console

Back