What's new

tangodownNZ

Beginner
Reaction score
I have reposted this with the specific title of finding the recoil signal wire, which I believe is 1PGUN on the fuse board. I am also trying to find out how to get this wire to fire the solenoid (without the I/O board, so faking the signal)

Thanks to @twistedsymphony I have just finished my Ghost Squad gun to fuse board to gun sense board to ultimarc U-HID to PC project. I just finished testing the axis and buttons in the game controller settings in windows and all works fine.

I have 24 volts going into the fuse board. I tried splitting the trigger wire from 26RAP pin 7 on the fuse board and wiring it to (what I believe is the recoil signal wire) 1PGUN, pin 13. But this just seems to short out the trigger on the gun protect board.
I thought what I will try next is to touch a 5 volt wire to the 1PGUN wire from pin 13 and see if this fires the solenoid.
Obviously I am trying to fake the recoil here but I think I should be able to do this. I am just not sure how to send a signal to fire the solenoid. I do want to send the signal through the fuse board as this is how it is designed to work, probably through the mosfets on the fuse board.

The two wires you can see in the photo are the trigger wire and the 1PGUN wires coming out of RA26P on the fuse board.
At this stage I am not worried about the tigger. I am just trying to get the solenoid to fire using the 1PGUN wire, pin 13
I have tried tracing the wires on the Ghost Squad User Manual but I don’t really gain anything there. Unless somebody can explain if the schematic shows how the 1PGUN wire works?

My only option at the moment is to touch a 5 volt wire to the 1PGUN wire to see if it fires the solenoid. If that doesn’t work I will try grounding the 1PGUN wire.
I am really just guessing here but I have no choice because I can not figure out how the recoil gets the signal to fire.
I am hoping somebody here will know.
I know there is a risk of damaging the boards if I get it wrong but what choice do I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A53B00D6-795D-466A-9901-A882720F17F9.png

B545D555-0C31-48B2-827D-7F9CF7932CBD.jpeg

1E96CABF-32B6-4E0E-896F-443BFF3DAFFC.jpeg

2EA59FC4-88DB-4635-AF8E-B45F0A41987B.jpeg

Attachments

• 362DB854-7E22-4F57-A7BC-CDED4BAB380B.png
    362DB854-7E22-4F57-A7BC-CDED4BAB380B.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
bagheera369 said:

https://segaretro.org/images/5/55/GhostSquadEvolution_Lindbergh_US_DigitalManual.pdf
Trace down the gun lines, on page 84/85

At this point, its been years since I've touched one of those, but the FET's on that fuse board, work the same as they do on a Pinball machine, and are what is controlling the release of 24v to the gun solenoid.
You'd be best set looking at the input and output of those FET transistors to find what pins/wires you are needing to look at, in order to get the FET to drive 24v to the gun.

I'm afraid that's as much as I have for you.

As always, be careful, and do your research, before just tapping wires to stuff.

YES! I got the recoil to work through the fuse board (after frying one mosfet). So I can now fake the recoil using the trigger. The trigger wire carries 5 volts when energised. So this goes to the 1PGUN wire, which tells the MOSFET on the fuse board to release the 24 volts to the solenoid. The key was grounding RA26P pin 11 back to the power supply

Last edited:
Back