What's new
I tried booting the copy of Go By RC I have for you to see, but I have no original controls. I'm trying with a known good CF card.

It boots to control calibration which I can bypass with start/test. Then I land at the normal test menu... But when I exit that test menu, it reboots straight to control calibration again.

If you want to try it anyway, grab the file from http://neohyphengeo.com/GNET/ (already extracted from CHD)

t boots to control calibration which I can bypass with start/test. Then I land at the normal test menu... But when I exit that test menu, it reboots straight to control calibration again.
that's normal behaviour when you fail to calibrate.

if you touch the pins of the analog header during calibration you can get the reading to jump and fool the game into passing calibration.

I tried booting the copy of Go By RC I have for you to see, but I have no original controls. I'm trying with a known good CF card.

It boots to control calibration which I can bypass with start/test. Then I land at the normal test menu... But when I exit that test menu, it reboots straight to control calibration again.

If you want to try it anyway, grab the file from http://neohyphengeo.com/GNET/ (already extracted from CHD)
I've tried again with that pre-extracted version, but the behavior on my board is the same, reset loop.
I never get to see a controller calibration screen.

Guess I must have the super rare NObyRC G-NET board :/

The anoying thing is that I might have found a nearly plug-and-play solution to use a regular RC receiver and controller but I'm now unable to test it out.
If anyone wants to give it a try here is a link to the little converter board: PT01B

Thanks for all the support, not sure if V2.0 BIOS and then back to 2011 ModBIOS would help but it looks like my last test to do.

@skate323k137 what are the dip switch settings you use on your board?

On mine they are all set 'off'. I can't find much information on the G-NET dips beyond dip 4 being used for booting into test but I'm wondering if there is anything that controls the use of the analog inputs.

Guess I must have the super rare NObyRC G-NET board
Now that you mentioned this, I want to say this is an actual thing. I seem to remember some batches of G-NET having issues with certain games? I had a G-NET board at one point on which I couldn't get a legit Soutenryu to boot. I remember discussing this with Joerg / Arcademodbios back in the day and he confirmed it was a genuine issue (at the time).

EDIT: looked through my emails and the problem games were RC de Go, Soutenryu and Shanghai Shoryu Sairin. @neokoen, try booting the other two.

Guess I must have the super rare NObyRC G-NET board
Now that you mentioned this, I want to say this is an actual thing. I seem to remember some batches of G-NET having issues with certain games? I had a G-NET board at one point on which I couldn't get a legit Soutenryu to boot. I remember discussing this with Joerg / Arcademodbios back in the day and he confirmed it was a genuine issue (at the time).

EDIT: looked through my emails and the problem games were RC de Go, Soutenryu and Shanghai Shoryu Sairin. @neokoen, try booting the other two.
Just tried Soutenryu and Shanghai Shoryu Sarin and indeed, they also go into a reset loop X(
Don't care about those two mahjong games but GObyRC is a real bummer since I'm also running RC cars hence why I wanted to run that game with my regular controller/receiver.

Just for reference then I guess, the FC PCB has labels "K91X0721A G-NET MOTHER" and "M43X0337A 277104335"

@nem I assume there is no know method to make my board accept those games?

Anyone have a known "good for GObyRC" G-NET board they want to part with?

Back