What's new

mistahsnart

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all!

I visited this site because of Darksoft's work, and decided to stay because of the forums.

I've been a member of a few of the bigger forums for a few years now (not naming names, but you know the ones), and honestly, the drama is too much. Everyone seems to just be horrible to one another, and incredibly hostile. I'm tired of it. It drove me away from wanting to ever be a part of those communities.

It's refreshing to see that this forum was founded on being 'drama free'. I'll do my part to keep it that way! This hobby is rooted in fun, and a lot of folks seem to forget that. :)

Looking forward to seeing the Neo Geo multicart become a reality.

Welcome! Seattle here!

And yeah we all know what forum your talking about. Drama free is the way to be.

-John
Indeed. Definitely keeps the hobby fun. I visited your site. Love the candy cab collection. :)
Hello Mista,

Awesome that you are here. How is Portland? Have you gone to the Retro Gaming Expo this year?
This time of year, Portland is rainy. ;)

I did indeed go to the Retro Expo this year. It was crazy how big it has gotten. It was easily twice the size of last year. Surprisingly, there were a lot of teenagers running around trying to fill out their collections of consoles they didn't even grow up with. I talked to a few merchants, and they pretty much all agree it's the 'Let's Play' effect. I think it's really cool that kids are taking an interest in retro stuff, but the downside is, it's making prices go crazy!

The only system I actively collect for these days is the Neo Geo MVS, which didn't have much of a presence at the Retro Expo. I'm hoping the Retro Swap Meet in January has a few titles I can pick up.

Indeed. Definitely keeps the hobby fun. I visited your site. Love the candy cab collection.
Thanks! It's still a work in progress LOL.... Hows your collection look like?

I missed the Retro Game show this year I was so mad at myself! Did they have any arcade cabs there this year? I think one year they had a capcom cute candy cab. When and where is this Retro Swap Meet? I would really like to go to that. It seems like the seattle area is lacking in flea markets and swap meets. :(

Thanks! It's still a work in progress LOL.... Hows your collection look like?
I missed the Retro Game show this year I was so mad at myself! Did they have any arcade cabs there this year? I think one year they had a capcom cute candy cab. When and where is this Retro Swap Meet? I would really like to go to that. It seems like the seattle area is lacking in flea markets and swap meets. :(
Well, I managed and did repair work in an arcade for a few years in the 90s, which pretty much cured me of ever wanting any machines in my house. :)

My collection these days is mostly hardware related. I'm not really a 'collector' in the sense that I acquire new stuff. It's mostly just that I never got rid of anything. I sold most of my game collections and replaced them with flash carts. When I realized I could get an easy $1000 usd for my N64 games, it was a pretty easy choice. I'm not much of one for having things on shelves, I just want to play the games on the hardware. The Neo is the only exception to that, but when Darksoft releases his MVS multi, I'll likely stop buying games for it. That being said though, I've got quite a healthy console collection. The two that see play most consistently are my CMVS and my PC Engine Duo R.

And yes, the PGRE had a very healthy arcade setup this year. My only let down was the Virtua Fighter 2 cabinet had worn out sticks in it. I was hoping to put on a free clinic. :P

As for the swap meet, it's coming up in late January. If you end up heading down for it, let me know and we can meet up.
http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/schedule.php

Back