What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
How has the price of shipping been recently?

If its stupid crazy I may just fly up there and drive back with my cabinet

It has been a little less than in the past. Candy cabs and similar-sized games have been going anywhere from $430-$550 but on the lower end.

I'm actually making headway with work, I really appreciate everyone's patience with me. The container just got moved to the customs exam site today. Still no idea when it'll actually release to unload up here. The fires in NorCal right now are really bad. I can't help but think it wise to expect possible delays due to that as well.

Also remember vewlix buyers who receive one of these cabs with a egret 3 2p control panel. Hit me up ill buy it, I want it, I needed it.

Also remember vewlix buyers who receive one of these cabs with a egret 3 2p control panel. Hit me up ill buy it, I want it, I needed it.
Pretty chance I'm keeping the cabs and will be pulling those panels. I think you and @rewrite were the two who were seriously interested.

Update. I'm starting to catch up, not quite there yet. Hoping to be actually back on track by the time the container gets out of customs exam. Right now the earliest it will arrive is Tuesday, if it clears. Otherwise still going to be waiting. Its been a real pain. I'll be able to slowly get back to people after that.

Updating the sales list with new stuff. Photo links added to item name, links will be updated in first post as I get photos for anything I don't atm. Notable updates: adding Silent Scope: Bone eater for immediate sale. I have another coming, willing to let my show cab go now. I got 5 more Theatrhythms in the last week, they are NOT up for grabs, but will go a long way to work down the waitlist. I will be removing anyone from that waitlist that ignored previous offers. There's currently 16 people on that list, so I can't keep people on it that aren't serious. Added 4 Nostalgias for the first Fall container. Added all the older games I bought for myself, let me know if interested, I'm not selling them necessarily but if there's interest I can probably work something out.

Current sale listings. Available now:

DISSIDIA: Final Fantasy - $1,000
Gunslinger Stratos - $1,500 x2 - non-compact version, work being done to link support them
Project DIVA: Future Tone - $1,250 x1 - Does not have top POP
POKKEN Tournament - $2,500 x1 Pair - Prefer to sell as pair, ready to go, previous buyer went quiet on me
POKKEN Tournament - Have a pair in rougher shape than the rest, awaiting PCB install, one is missing a side visor, other, side visor is a bit warped, inquire if interested, still needs work atm
Silent Scope: Bone Eater - $3,000 x1 - Is my convention cab, has normal wear, one top corner plexi chipped

August container:

Initial D Zero (Pair) - $8,500 x1 - I don't need to sell these since I can't guarantee I'll get another pair for myself yet, so price is kinda firm

September container:

beatmaniaIIDX (Gold) - $3,250 x1 - cabinet is Gold-era, current hardware, official LCD (need to check which version), awaiting details
jubeat - $1,250 x3 - power test only, can provide rubbers for the buttons
Lord of Vermilion IV (1 Main, 2 Satellite) - $2,500 x1 - buyer backed out on this, can talk about cards at a later date
Nostalgia - $1,750 x1 - awaiting photo of cabinet/monitor condition
Ongeki - $9,000 x1 - looking to get more (none offered yet). Contact privately about support
Rhythm Tengoku - $1,500 x1 - cost me a bit more to get this one, but has all side/top flags
SDVX Real Generator - $650 x2 - both have some paper/toner left
SQ - $600 x1
The BishiBashi - $3,500 x1 - my personal cab, listing for interest check

Fall container:

Nostalgia - $1,750 x4

Fall container (interest check, cabs I mean to keep):

Anime Champ - $2,000 x1
BishiBashi Online - This is not booting, I will be fixing this myself probably
Densha De GO! 2 - $2,000 x1 - Rusty CP, should be able to strip and repaint
Future TomTom - $2,000 x1
GachaGachamp - $1,750 x1
Hammer Champ - $1,500 x1
Groove Coaster - $1,750 x1 - I might sell one of the other two I have that need monitor replacement as well, either with the monitor replaced or not, please inquire if interested

Pending order (no price/qty yet):

Border Break
Project DIVA: Future Tone
SQ
Taiko no Tatsujin 7

Glad you are getting caught up brosky. Hopefully all is getting better for you mind and soul as well.
Just wondering if you think you will be getting B1 poster frames?

Container is cleared, showing up tomorrow. Putting together STI shipments after that, looks like the driver won't be here until next week anyway. Will update as things go along. Stools and benches might go out at the end of the week. California deliveries will probably start next Monday, want to give some time for fires to die down at least, as well as make sure everything is prepared. Will be in touch with everyone

Added a Pop'n SD cab for $1,600.

Some people really aren't getting the message, so I have to make this clear. PLEASE stop asking if our candy cabinets are for sale. If they AREN'T listed, they AREN'T for sale. I won't sell candies off containers, I won't sell my personal inventory, I won't go find you something, and I won't message you personally when something you want is going to be listed. PERIOD. Zero exceptions. If you ask, the above will be politely reiterated to you, after which I will IGNORE any follow-up requests for candy cabinets.

Reasons:

1) Over even short periods of time, I end up with around 50 people all asking for the same thing, anything from more common cabs to stuff that is very rare. I get at best 10-15 candy cabs a year. I cannot fulfill orders. If I did keep this up, next year it could be 150 people asking, and still only 20 or so cabs. That's ridiculous. I can't keep the lists, talk to everyone, make everyone happy, and have a normal life.

2) Profit margin on candy cabs is extremely low, the work is 2-3 times that of other cabinets, and they are exponentially more prone to have problems, even after shipping them out 100% ready to go. My distributor doesn't even like it because in order to keep the prices at normal rates even, they can't afford to do any work on them. People expect way more than what I'm getting, and I can't even tell from photos that what I'm getting will be par even, at best. This video should help illustrate the kind of things I get. In short, I will work my ass off, potentially make nothing if something goes wrong and I need to compensate, people aren't really happy with what they get, and I can't even fulfill 25% of requests anyway.

3) On the subject of 1 and 2, there isn't enough candies left, all the big batches of easy to find stuff is gone. The faster people like KC keeps bringing them in bulk, the sooner there will ACTUALLY be zero of these. The actual retail price on candies should probably be 25-50% higher than they are now, and when those last stockpiles are gone, they will go up to that, FAST. I can't list at those prices because people expect lower. I also can't list at those prices because of stuff like the cab in the video above. To sum up everything: too much demand, not enough cabs, too much work, not worth the time, condition can never be known in advance, inability to satisfy.

So really, STOP ASKING FOR THEM. It is more than I can handle, and it is enough that it hampers my ability to run every other aspect of the business at all. I already work 80hr weeks year-round. This is an aspect of the work that satisfies VERY few people and wastes a lot of precious time for me. Will I never ever ever sell candy cabinets? No not really. I just can't do it on requests and inquiries. I will list them here and on FB groups, probably with a week or two notice, after I can look over cabs, take personal photos, clean up anything really bad on them. I want them to have proper documentation, and be able to answer questions about them with the cabinets in front of me. I will not, however, get in touch with anyone directly and say "hey I'm gonna have some x for sale soon" or something like that. If you ask me to, I won't sell you a cab. I really need to streamline every other aspect of this business, and I can't do that managing massive lists of people and their extremely specific expectations for a cab. I wanted to do that, and the last two years have been an enormous slap in the face explaining to me why nobody else is doing it. When I list stuff, it will be first-come first-serve, no holds, no exceptions. If it isn't listed, it isn't for sale.

Please understand that I spent a very long time thinking about this before my initial comment about stopping candy sales. I can't handle it, simple as that. I'm burned out, making little to nothing, and not even getting satisfaction out of it because stuff just isn't up to par for me. I need the time and energy to put elsewhere.

Well stated, and very understandable as to why you made this choice. Hope others get the picture, also hoping im not one who your talking about. LOL I don't remember if I harrased you about a cab. If I did my bad.

Well said, Cereth. Now you just need to edit that down to a solid 2 paragraphs to use as a form response to anyone who asks about candies. :)

Well said, Cereth. Now you just need to edit that down to a solid 2 paragraphs to use as a form response to anyone who asks about candies. :)
Yeah this D:

Mainly its just I can't handle requests to look for them or keep lists/give certain people priority because they contacted me. I'll probably still sell the same number of candies, just not in a personalized service. That model just wasn't working

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, Cereth. I totally understand. I literally just sent an inquiry through your website last night about the Blasts listed for sale on there, unaware of your situation.

Wonder when the price cops will stop with the "I can find candies for $800 all day long" and "I paid $500 for mine. Just gotta keep an eye out."

This is turning into a seller's market fast.

t4r7a4S.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back