What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like J said, these are basically being liquidated, so these prices are highly unlikely to be see again. I think these cabs just have very poor sale in Japan, hence why they are being liquidated. Japan arcade ops really had no incentive to purchase these new cabs, its not like they were marketed with the release of a new game, etc...
Arcades in Japan are closing at a pretty sad rate. You can get Vewlixes there now cheap, like an L for $600. Any op who just wants a couple more cabs can snatch them easy. There's no hot specific game that needs a black really. SFV Type Arcade I guess needs a 1080p screen, but I don't think it's exactly setting the market on fire.

Hopefully they're working on something new and just blowing these out to make space. But I do think we need to be considering that even in Japan the arcade market is slowing. :/

Last edited:
You also have to consider the unpopularity of SFV that never got an early arcade release to begin with unlike sfiv to boost up sales.

Really debating getting two of these, but just bought a ton of games. Honestly don't care if it is the black version but yikes.

I'm going to start sending out invoices and taking payments today probably. Sooner I get these paid the better. Depending, if its fast enough maybe I can get more of the 40 that are left

Hi @'Cereth! Are you acquiring brand new Taito Vewlix Diamond Blacks, or are they liquidated units from a third party?

Brandnew, direct from Taito, inventory closeout/being discontinued.

For the black diamonds do you need anything else parts wise to hook up a ps4? Also would be interested in 2 player panel if I ended up getting one. Another qq this looks wider than a blast, easy to disassemble to get into a door?

With the CP up, it fits through literally......anything
Yea man its LCD based, the cab is wide but sideways with the CP off or in the upright position they are slim as hell.
Another great feature is its has all 4 casters on the bottom so it rolls flat, Blast City only has two casters at the back so you must angle to roll it.
WSmwG0g.jpg

BTW, being brand new these BD's should come with the control panel and brackets with it already mounted in the upright position.

I'm going to call foul if KC removes them, and shrink wraps the CP to the body...
Then charges extra for the bracket.
btHwYZv.jpg

Yea he does that with any used cabs that contain them, I think its bullshit and I fucking told him so because factory they are included, if he has 'em (sometimes of course being used he does not, and for additionally puzzling reasons arcade OPs in Japan just throw 'em away WTF) they should go with the cab they came with 100% for FREE!
need anything else parts wise to hook up a ps4
I think the Books PCBs are looking like the best option, and the only additional piece of hardware you'll need to connect to a PS4 (monitor is DVI/HDMI compliant and cab has AC main inside).

The two player panel, Sanwa joystick mounting plate and overlay you'll need to order from Taito (also pictured below a 1153 lock and M4 locking nuts).
Eva1LM3.jpg

You can make the K (player 2) loom yourself or order it from anyone who makes Egret, Egret2, Egret3, Atomiswave SD looms (its 100% the same).
Buttons and sticks can be ordered from Focus Attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the CP up, it fits through literally......anything
Yea man its LCD based, the cab is wide but sideways with the CP off or in the upright position they are slim as hell.Another great feature is its has all 4 casters on the bottom so it rolls flat, Blast City only has two casters at the back so you must angle to roll it.

I'm going to call foul if KC removes them, and shrink wraps the CP to the body...
Then charges extra for the bracket.

Yea he does that with any used cabs that contain them, I think its bullshit and I fucking told him so because factory they are included, if he has 'em (sometimes of course being used he does not) they should go with the cab they came with 100% for FREE!
need anything else parts wise to hook up a ps4
I think the Books PCBs are looking like the best option, and the only additional piece of hardware you'll need to connect to a PS4 (monitor is DVI/HDMI compliant and cab has AC main inside).
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but I bought a blue diamond from KC and it came with the bracket.

I think what happens is the Arcade Ops he buys from, sometimes lose them or forget to include them.

I think what happens is the Arcade Ops he buys from, sometimes lose them or forget to include them.
Then why did he offer to sell me a set (two) for 80$?
Yes sometimes I'm sure that does happen, but if KC finds them KC removes them... You got lucky, aka they must have been inside your cab and he didn't look/remove them.

@ekorz also got a set from KC, but the two cabs I ordered from him both came without them... Yet he offered to sell some to me for extra. X(

This isn't attempt to poison KCs sales, I'm just calling it like I see it and telling the truth about how my machines arrived.
You'd think he would have worked with me a little more/better if he didn't want this rep, but here we are (aka we are a small community and you don't piss off a loyal customer over something this trivial, include the Goddamn bracket/STFU KTHANX).

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what you're saying, and thats definitely a possibility but it could also be possible that he obtained some extra sets over the years. Maybe he had some from a damaged cab, or maybe someone picked up a cab and left them behind.

I just dont think its fair to assume the worst.

Niko said:
I just dont think its fair to assume the worst.
I don't think it's fair to assume the best either.

If this wasn't communicated properly to @jassin000 beforehand, he's got every right to complain.

I'm just saying I would have gone on to purchase my 3rd Vewlix from KC, and who knows maybe even a 4th... 5th...
But now?

Cereth is my guy, only negative thing I've gotta say about my experience with him is it takes a looooong time to get the cab (but that's not his fault or anything, and I knew it would be months before ordering).

Was it worth it for a petty 80$ to lose the ability to sell Vewlix cabs to me in the future?
Nope, and I'm going to make sure he remembers that... DONT PISS ME OFF!

The very first batch of Vewlixes I got 2-3 years ago had brackets, never again. I really wonder where they all go too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back