What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blast Cities now have enough interest to sell them all, so I am marking them pending. Here are the Net and New Net cabinets.

104049871_251338679497991_1961583797327259094_n.jpg

104335475_259503152160623_8305649081108672363_n.jpg

104104938_270577854193560_5743872261047335258_n.jpg

102700565_278852589836164_7474671162015933192_n.jpg

83057908_350526322586807_1269625253357271586_n.jpg

If there's a wait list for any cancelled benches, please put me down.

The Blast Cities now have enough interest to sell them all, so I am marking them pending. Here are the Net and New Net cabinets.
The NNC cabinet is one of the best I own. The design was refined to be tech friendly compared to earlier cabs in general. Don't miss out!

The NNC cabinet is one of the best I own. The design was refined to be tech friendly compared to earlier cabs in general. Don't miss out!
idk if you noticed but these ended up are all JAMMA. Definitely unusual!

Also all sold. Listings were updated, I think mostly shit is gone. Next container is getting scheduled in 2 weeks or so

@Sparkles I put you on the list for backup

idk if you noticed but these ended up are all JAMMA. Definitely unusual!
I didn't notice that, but I'd still take one if it was Jamma. Being able to troubleshoot pcbs with the extra space is a godsend, and so is troubleshooting the monitor while its mounted.

You can't quite see it in the pictures, but if you're working in the back, you have plenty of space to slide your hand between the control panel and the base to hit the power switch in the front. Its a super cool design!

That and the whole cab can be disassembled to fit through tight doors and spaces.

I wont hijack the thread though. I just think these models deserve more recognition. :thumbup:

Alright I'm just going to tidy the list now. Also taking Synchronica off the market, I don't really want to sell it anyway. Taking the Vewlix L/Fs off the market, I'm going to poke them a bit first if I do sell them.

Delisting all candies, sold or not. Its getting harder to get proper info and servicing done on them in advance, so I'm honoring the sales to now and just not pushing to sell whatever ends up being left. There is a high probability there will not be any more candies for sale at all. It is high effort low margin, for both myself and my distributor. I will no longer be listing if I get them, and if any, only selling them after they come in, or if people take them AS-IS with no guarantees. They are too expensive and people want them cherrypicked for too little.

Incoming container was delayed until July 9th. I think it works out though, I was going to wait for another container to combine delivery runs anyway, so it shouldn't set anyone back much, if at all.

Stools, benches, and B1 frames will be ordered for the Sept/Oct container. It is almost full, mostly personal items. If you want any particular cabs, let me know or I probably won't get anyone anything until Winter.

Has Taito released a Vewlix replacement cabinet, or have they exited that sector all together?

Has Taito released a Vewlix replacement cabinet
Nope, the VLX line has been discontinued with no successor. :(

Start:
  1. Vewlix F
  2. Vewlix L
  3. Vewlix Vs
  4. Vewlix FC (aka Capcom)
  5. Vewlix L-AMI
  6. Vewlix Diamond (white)
  7. Vewlix Diamond (orange aka MD)
  8. Vewlix Diamond (black)
End:

Note some consider Darius Burst to be an offshoot/custom part of the VLX family, the cab IS using some common parts (but I think of it as its own beast).
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own them all... But being that I own three I feel I've got the best three a person can own.

FC = Last of the original "feature rich" designs
AMI = Half breed/only cab to combine design features from the original line and the new Diamond line
Diamond = First of the new/final redesign that continued until the end of the line

Last edited by a moderator:
I regret not pouncing on Cereth's Diamond Black sale. Kind of sad Taito exited the "candy cab" business.

I wish I could have gotten in on it too, but I'm happy with my L-AMI. It's scrubbed, getting new speakers, new stick and buttons, new monitor (eventually), new fan, replacement OEM locks, and LED's for the instruction strip. It won't be mint...but it will be beautiful, and I can cope with that.

I asked last night and the "official" word from TAITO is, any plans to produce new cabinets or make more Vewlixes was halted due to difficulty with the global pandemic. Take that as you will. Who knows, that means maybe they haven't actually decided to end Vewlix for good.

Take that as you will. Who knows, that means maybe they haven't actually decided to end Vewlix for good.
Don't believe the spin... Taito didn't have to liquidate the Diamond Black last fall, they decided to do that to clear out inventory/saw demand falling.
That was also a good 6~8 months before anyone knew WTF convid-19 was, or what it would come to mean to the world in 2020.

Reading between the lines what I hear them saying "we might revive the design at some future point based on demand".
Bout as non-committal as you can get, but remember they are in biz to make money and if they think a substantial market exists it will return.

Prey for a new lime green VLX Diamond! ;)

I'd have to imagine any interest they might have had got crushed with what's going on now. Hoping for a vaccine and positive outlook on arcades in the near future.

Hoping for a vaccine and positive outlook on arcades in the near future.
Thats just the point I'm trying to make tho... I went to Japan in 2017, some 3 years before covid-19 was a thing.
Know what I saw? People that were more interested in playing rhythm games and ticket redemption games than classic vids.
Remember Tatio discontinued the VLX line last year, yes it was because of declining demand but that decline has nothing to do with the virus.

NOT a case of the virus shutting down arcades, and the simple fact arcades even in Japan have been in decline for years.
At least concerning these type of cabs/games.
No vaccine is going to change this, kids today are driving the market just like we did when we were kids and the kids of today don't care about these games.

Why not incorporate redemption into arcade cabs? Distribute tickets based on score or some other criteria. It could help revive a sector, in bad need of reinvention. Everything can't be UFO Catchers after all.

I have always assumed Taito's Diamond Black Line was just a poor seller. The Nesica Vewlix cabs have nicer livery, and an awesome CP design. I figured Taito was moving toward a cab rental model, incorporating the Nesica platform to create an end to end commercial subscription service. Round1 certainly has a need. Then again, who knows where things stand now, due to COVID destroying economies the world over.

With all the recent arcade closures, Taito probably figures there's enough stock out there that things can be shifted around without needing to manufacture anything. Besides, do they even have an Type X5 in the works? So few games were even on the Type X4 as it is.

Honestly the real problem IMO is the literal lack of fighting games launching on arcades with an exclusivity period before they hit consoles. I think every major fighting game after Tekken 7 (Tekken 7 being the last arcade first release) has been console/pc first/only. Street fighter 5 took how many years to come to arcades? And nobody cared at that point because the fighting game community had moved on to consoles already. All the major fighting game locals are console based now from what I've seen. It's been that way in the US for a long time. So it was only a matter of time before it happened in Japan.

The next "big" fighting game will be Guilty Gear Strive. I know it's supposed to get an arcade release, but if it's released simultaneously with the console release, I doubt it will help save arcades. It's also going to be on sega's platform, so that doesn't help taito at all. Operators will just buy some P-Ras Multi V3s if they need cabinets for fighting games.

So in my eyes the Vewlix is just another casualty of the slow death of arcades in Japan. You need big experiences that you can't get at home. That time has passed for the FGC.

Yeah, right now there's too many closures to be making new cabs, so the explanation is valid for NOW, but it doesn't explain away why they cleared stock before, so that is definitely right too. I've definitely seen differences in reported reasons and actual reasons so who knows. They might have just said hey we're gonna take a year or two break to create something new and by the time they were done, COVID hit. /shrug

Taito aint shutting down anytime soon, they might stop making the multipurpose cabs like the vewlix for a while, but they keep making attention getting gimmick cabs to draw people in.

I do hope they make a new multipurpose cab though, something truly exceptional. I am liking those sega cabs though.

Yeah, right now there's too many closures to be making new cabs, so the explanation is valid for NOW, but it doesn't explain away why they cleared stock before, so that is definitely right too. I've definitely seen differences in reported reasons and actual reasons so who knows. They might have just said hey we're gonna take a year or two break to create something new and by the time they were done, COVID hit. /shrug
Prior to Taito's liquidation, what were the Diamond Blacks selling for?

Prior to Taito's liquidation, what were the Diamond Blacks selling for?
Direct from Taito you couldn't buy just one, you had to order a 4-pack.
I believe that was somewhere around 20k with fees not including shipping of any kind.
But don't hold me too hard to that number, because soon as I found out I couldn't order just 1 my brain kinda glazed over and I tuned-out in disappointment.

Everything you buy directly from Taito costs a GD fortune. :/
They also only want to deal with bigtymers/operators/other resellers/importers... Not some nobody asking to order ONE single machine (prob laughed at me) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back