What's new

Tkat2600

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey now
I just got a Gunbarl and it needs some work. two things i've noticed right away are, the guns don't "recoil" when you shoot and you can't hit target at the edge of the left side of the screen.
anyone know a way to fix either?

can't hit target at the edge of the left side of the screen
Don't know about recoil, or if you got a PCB+Guns, loose IO or a whole cab, and so on. Need more details.

Gun games use a lens in the gun, i would suggest taking the gun apart with care, and clean it with care. Maybe the lens is misaligned.

Hey now
I just got a Gunbarl and it needs some work. two things i've noticed right away are, the guns don't "recoil" when you shoot and you can't hit target at the edge of the left side of the screen.
anyone know a way to fix either?

Probably the same guns as Time Crisis. Some where on that board might be a transistor SLA4060. It controls the solenoid that creates the recoil and that part tends to fail often.

If its not shooting the left side of the screen it could be the optical sensor board is going bad. You could also try a sync separator like LM1881 on your c.sync signal before it goes to your monitor. On my Time Crisis pcb, without a LM1881 my guns would always register invalid.

Don't know about recoil, or if you got a PCB+Guns, loose IO or a whole cab, and so on. Need more details.

Gun games use a lens in the gun, i would suggest taking the gun apart with care, and clean it with care. Maybe the lens is misaligned.
Honestly i'm not sure what other details to give. This is my first gun game cabinet. i'm a bit out of my depth here. The guns do not have fuses on them, I read somewhere that sometimes they do but there are none. I looked at the connections under the control panel and everything seems fine. Have not opened the gun yet.

but, neither gun has any recoil when shooting. The player 1 gun and Player 2 guns can shoot to the left but the last 1/4 of the screen the reticule in the test screen vanishes. sometimes it pops back in.

I tried using the P1 BLOWER on the test screen but nothing happens.

Open up the gun. Going off my previous guns, I found some operators unplug the solenoid as it gets annoying for the venue.

If it's plugged in, then you'll need to check your 24v rail and ensure that's working. If that's working, there might be a setting in the options to disable the solenoid.

Open up the gun. Going off my previous guns, I found some operators unplug the solenoid as it gets annoying for the venue.

If it's plugged in, then you'll need to check your 24v rail and ensure that's working. If that's working, there might be a setting in the options to disable the solenoid.
VERY naive question here but...where is the 24v Rail? The wires are all plugged in

There is a 24v psu inside the cab.

The gun should be connected to a 6 way connector consisting of 5v, gnd, trigger, optical 24v and 0v, you can trace the wire connected or grab a multi meter out and test for voltage

Back