What's new

midwaydj

Student
Reaction score
This is my second 9110 I received recently. Received this monitor dead, no neck glow, fan not spinning. I checked the b+ and it was low so I replaced the flyback and recapped the chassis. Powered on and got an image. Was adjusting the focus and the monitor shut down and the fan stopped. I'm suspecting the HOT TR15 may be bad as it's very hot and I broke the clip that secures it to the flyback cage when I removed it but it still has the insulator behind it. I tested TR15 and it's not shorted. Checked the b+ again and it is low again and the R105 30w resistor is hot again. BTW I'm a novice and just following Randy Fromm's 9000 flowchart. Any tips on how to replace those broken clips that secure the HOT to the flyback cage and what I might try next? The replacement flyback came from arcadepartsandrepair and I had to cut the flyback cage as recommended. I also read something about disabling the shut down circuit by lifting D10?

I also have another 9110 and tube that is working but the tube has burn in. Would there be any issue swapping the working chassis to the unburned tube? The tube with burn in is an RCA A63ADT10X05. The tube with no burn that I just temporarily tested with is an RCA A63ADT26X01. Both are 25 inch tubes, but the 9110 chassis seem to be slightly different board revisions. Just trying to be extra cautious thanks.

You should be fine swapping the tubes. You can measure the resistance of the yoke to be 100% sure. If the values match or are close, you're good to go.

For the broken clip, I would just twist tie some metal wire around HOT and the heatsink. I wouldn't use a plastic zip tie, because that will inevitably break due to the heat.

Great thank you I’ll measure the yoke and give the swap a try.

For the non working chassis I’m assuming I should replace the HOT at TR15 then tie it with the metal wire? Also hoping I didn’t take out the new flyback.

Last edited:
You can't take out the flyback with the HOT. If the HOT is not shorted, put it back and fix it in place with wire.

HOTs can run pretty warm, that's why they're mounted to the heatsink. It shouldn't be burning hot though.

Got the tube swapped and got a nice picture dialed in. I had an issue with two different degauss coil connectors on each board. I tried to desolder and swap the connectors on the board but they didn’t line up properly. I was reading another thread where someone said you could splice a different connector but just make sure you double heat shrink it. Is this recommended?

Also, I secured the HOT on the non working chassis and I still have the same result unfortunately. No neck glow, fan not starting up, fuse not blown. Should I check T19-T22 or anything else? I checked C36 and it wasn’t shorted.

I replaced the HOT and pinned a new degauss connector and the monitor is back up and running.

I’m noticing this is likely a bonded yoke on the tube. It needs a slight tilt. Is it safe to use the low heat gun method to rotate this yoke?

Attachments

• 117B3DD9-2056-4998-BA3B-06D665B48B10.jpeg
    117B3DD9-2056-4998-BA3B-06D665B48B10.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 61
Back