What's new

midwaydj

Student
Reaction score
Hello I have a Hantarex MTC 9110 25 inch with the fan on it, hoping to connect to an isolation transformer I have on hand. I’m not sure if I need a different isolation transformer specific for this monitor. I’m in the US. The manual says the monitor accepts 128VAC isolated. Would the 115V output work as its -10% of nominal? Also another noob question, can either set of lugs be primary or secondary? Or is the bottoms always primary and top always secondary, can they be flipped? If there’s a different isolation transformer I can buy that anyone recommends I’d be happy to just buy a new one.
CFD72736-7CD9-445F-86B5-262C0276F3A9.jpeg

Last edited:
your question is really about the transformer - it really should be marked for input/output side

i'll give you one warning, you power the monitor through a transformer, but NOT the degausing circuit - it can blow a transformer with the current.
is it a u.s. model hantarex?
in europe the degausing input is 220v

There’s no input/output or primary secondary markings on the isolation transformer that I can see. I’m assuming the monitor is US, but not sure how to tell. The degauss coil is connected with a molex connector to the chassis.

Last edited:
Great thanks! I’ll wire it up that way and test the voltages before connecting the monitor. The way the transformer was wired in the cabinet when I got it, was input on the top lugs so I was really confused since most documentation I see for isolation transformers show the top lugs as output or secondary.

Reactions: nem
I’ll wire it up that way and test the voltages before connecting the monitor.

This is the smart thing to do.

Output will also depend on what you're feeding it. Since more than likely you won't have 115VAC coming out of the wall, the 1:1 option could ultimately be the closest to the desired 128V.

Back