What's new

Chelnov

Professional
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions about a Hantarex Polo 25. First of all I just started getting into old arcade monitors. I have this Hantarex on the MK2 Cabinet that I'm restoring and it is working fine but I noticed that the were a couple of caps that were bulging at the top.
1620583246822.png

So I decided to Replace all the caps. I also gave the chassis a good wash and it is working fine. HOWEVER, after cleaning the chassis I noticed a part of the board that looked burned, See picture below of the front and back
1620583442680.png
1620583886327.png

The back of the board looks ok.

QUESTION: Is this something That I need to worry about or is this just the consequence of the heat from the resistor on top when the machine was all day turned on when it was in service?
If this is something I need to worry about. What do you guys recommend i do?

and also some solder joins that look rusty.
1620583500603.png

QUESTION: what should I do about this? Reflow? alcohol clean? any advice will be appreciated

last question: Does anyone knows where I can buy more of these?
1620584600591.png

There was a couple attached to the brightness and contrast but this chassis has a lot of potentiometers that could use these things

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Those caps weren't actually bulging. They have a domed top. But it was good that you did a recap anyway.

I wouldn't worry about the darkened area. When it gets really bad it will crack and it will break tracks. However, yours looks fine and most likely won't be an issue in home use.

As for the solder joints, it's not rust, it's just leftover flux.

Those caps weren't actually bulging. They have a domed top. But it was good that you did a recap anyway.

I wouldn't worry about the darkened area. When it gets really bad it will crack and it will break tracks. However, yours looks fine and most likely won't be an issue in home use.

As for the solder joints, it's not rust, it's just leftover flux.

So I'm good? As I said the chassis works fine I just wants to make sure that it continues to works in the future.

Thanks for your feedback! That gives me peace of mind :)

about the caps. I had no idea that was normal! ... oh well too late now :thumbsup:

Back