What's new

moshpit

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've had a rather long break from arcade – I lost interest in the matter somewhere around 2019. Back then I usually spent most of my time on the Arcade Otaku forums. But since arcade has been a bigger topic for me again in the last couple of months I realized this forum is a superb source of arcade information :) Looking forward to go down some rabbit holes again!

I am mostly interested in Taito candy cabinets and was shocked what has happened to the prices when I opened some marketplace posts recently. I am currently setting up my new game room with a few friends and will probably post some progress on a few cabs that need some fresh paint soon (some of them I haven't touched in 10 years 😬).

Looking forward to reconnect with a few familiar faces and new fellow arcade enthusiasts!

Fun fact: I once had 9 Taito MT-8 in my storage (of the 11 that are known to exist) :)

20131222_184325.jpeg

Last edited:
Daaaaaamn. I read that crazy MT-8 thread on AO ages ago. That was you??! So sick.

Welcome to AP, you’ll have a great time here.

These are the exact same Taito MT-8 cabinets some years earlier (in the 1990s) in Budapest (Hungary). The arcade (next to a railway station) where they were operated in was called Las Vegas. :)
The attached pictures are from a Hungarian newspaper published in 1995 and 1997 (I stumbled upon them with a big smile a couple of years ago while browsing a large Hungarian archive of local press).
These gorgeous machines were found in Hungary during an arcade raid in 2013 (then partially transported to Germany), it's really great to see them having better homes.
taito_mt8_1995_budapest.jpg
taito_mt8_1997_budapest.jpg

Nice cabs and nice to see AO folks around.

I had to zoom in on my phone to make sure your room had actual windows and not two massive Mistubishi Megaview CRTs embedded in the walls :'D

I like that solo E29 in pic with all the MT-8's around it saying "Oh, you thought you were rare? Lemme show you rare."

Looks like it's about to get jumped. But it's all Taito so, affiliate gangs I guess ;)

These gorgeous machines were found in Hungary during an arcade raid in 2013 (then partially transported to Germany), it's really great to see them having better homes.
I would Love to hear more about this "arcade raid." The arcade wasn't illegal was it? Like, was this just you buying some games from an arcade or was it like an American Speakeasy in the 1920s?

I would Love to hear more about this "arcade raid." The arcade wasn't illegal was it? Like, was this just you buying some games from an arcade or was it like an American Speakeasy in the 1920s?
It might have sounded a bit ambiguous.
It was just purely magical arcade treasure hunt carried out by a friend of mine (at a former operator's old place), not an actual raid (a razzia by authorities or something like that). :)

Back