What's new

NeuronFire

Beginner
Reaction score
Greetings,
I recently picked up my first cab, a Super Street Fighter 2 (USA) and drove it back cross country from Arkansas! Born in '75, I fondly remember which 7-11's, Grocery Stores and Pizza parlors I played video games at, and would often talk my mom into going shopping at location A instead of B because they had a better game. Going forward I'm going to be looking into:

1. Restoring this cabinet.
2. Learning more about the CPS 1/2/3 systems.
3. Learning more about arcade game repair and maintenance (PCBs, Monitors, Cabinets)
4. Mods on 6809 era games (early-mid 80's)

Nice to meet everybody!
Neuron Fire

giphy.gif

Read your other thread. Want to see what cab is worth a 2,600 mile trek. Post pics. Welcome!

Welcome, I read your other thread too. It's always good to see people getting into arcade and restoring cabs :thumbsup:
Do not hesitate to ask for help !

Sorry I didn't take any pictures before I started running into black screen problems. But here's a pic of the cab with the front panel open. Near as I can tell, it's a Dynamo HS-9 cabinet. Refurbing the actual cabinet is goign to be a fun project, but first I wanted to verify that the game worked after the long trip back from Arkansas, and that's when things got interesting...
cab_guts.JPG I'm really appreciating the design of the HS-9 with the slide-up and rotate PCB tray.
cab_side.JPG The two piece side could make for some interesting options. I could mod the cab so that it separates between these two panels for easy moving around condos and apartments.

Last edited:
Welcome man! Glad to see you found your way here. I'll see you on Saturday. ;)

My first draw dropping score was in an HS-9 cab. Very under-rated cab. Perfect for MAME and you don't have to feel guilty for giving it that treatment. So the 2,600 mile trek was for more than just picking up the cab, yeah?

@acblunden2, yeah. I had never driven farther east than Spokane, Washington. So driving 2300 to Arkansas, and 2300 back seemed like a good way to see some more of this great country. Street Fighter was what I did in my high school years, so the catching some of that good 'ol day feeling driving to go pick up an arcade cabinet was awesome. Doing it in 5 days was a challenge, especially day 2 which was Missoula, MT to Sioux Falls, SD. But it was a great way to wrap up a summer vacation!

@MechaJubei: Good to be here! Looking forward to meeting and working with everybody!

Street Fighter was what I did in my high school years, so the catching some of that good 'ol day feeling driving to go pick up an arcade cabinet was awesome.
Same, same. Let's make sure you get that fire back from those fond days gone by properly. Welcome aboard again!

That looks like a great project. Can't wait to a we the progression. Be the way, welcome from the mitten state.

Back