What's new

mrnewland1

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm obviously new to the site. I have had an interest in old arcade games for as long as I can remember. I currently have a dedicated Mortal Kombat 1 cabinet and a dedicated NFL Blitz 2000 cabinet.

My short term plans are for the MK cabinet. I would like to keep the guts of it all original but maybe disconnect the JAMMA and hook up a PC to play MAME on it. I joined this forum for help with tinkering with my cabinets and hopefully, if possible help somebody else needing info on their arcade cabs. Also, I like the idea of lurking around the message boards and seeing what other enthusiasts are sharing with the rest of the community.

Looking forward to it.

Matt

Hi, I'm also in Columbus. Do you go to the big UMK3 tournaments in Cincinnati?

Welcome aboard! I have a bunch of family up in the Elyria area.

Hi, I'm also in Columbus. Do you go to the big UMK3 tournaments in Cincinnati?
Yeah man I went last year and I'm going this year for sure. I'm not really that good compared to some of the others but it's still a blast. They used to have small Monday tournaments at 16-Bit bar which was alot of fun. I feel really fortunate that there are so many arcades around here within 5-15 minutes from me. You going?

I'm not sure right now. The one I know I'm going to is Makai World Cup for Vampire Savior and ST. I don't really have any one to practice UMK3 with :(

NE Ohio here - Us Bucks need to stick together!

I'm not sure right now. The one I know I'm going to is Makai World Cup for Vampire Savior and ST. I don't really have any one to practice UMK3 with :(
A couple friends I play with here in Columbus. I'm sure there's more around if I would get ambitious and try to look. One of my friends, Carlos is pretty damn good at UMK3. He's I'd say in the top 5 (maybe top 3) players at tournament and he's an EXCELLENT teacher as well. I'm awful at teaching. If you ever wanted to try at UMK3 I could meet you at one of the barcades some time, just gimme a heads up.

Back