What's new

CastleDoctrine

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My name is Mike, also known as silent-ninja on GGPO/FightCade. I've been a long time competitive fighting game player, mainly playing the older 2 vs 2 VS series games. I got into Marvel Vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes really late in the game around 2006. Fell in love with the game when I laid eyes on it at the Laundromat of all places! Had some pretty competitive matches with another young kid who was there and was hooked. Eventually I discovered Emulators on PC and began playing retro games online w/ friends, and eventually competitively.

MAME 0.64k & MAME 0.67k actually had a very specific default keyboard configuration and at the time I didn't bother trying to change these default mappings and largely left it alone as I played online, so I developed a special kind of muscle memory playing these old games on a keyboard.

Fast forward to today, I actually had a keyboard modified in 2017 by a modder out of Richmond Virginia by the name of Matt Gummo who actually put a TES+ board inside my razer black widow and accommodated my requested button layout/mappings. Using this keyboard I was able to compete offline in games like Dragonball FighterZ, and Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.

I recently bought the Arcade1Up Marvel Vs Capcom cabinet and quickly fell in love with it, playing online has been a blast so far despite not being a fan of the netcode. Currently ranked #4 online. However, I am not an arcade joystick player, so I do feel a bit handicapped with my execution and such. Eventually I learned of the "Undamned" UD-USB decoder/converter and got extremely excited at the prospect of being able to use any Xbox 360, PS3 etc controller/Arcade Stick (and inadvertently my keyboard) on the cabinet WITHOUT interfering with the default/stock controls.

Clip of Arcade1Up Cab

So far the only mods I've done on the cab are adding initially Hori Hayabusa 30mm buttons, but then swapping them out for sanwas, and then swapping the default joystick which happens to be a JLF clone with an actual JLF. Then obviously the translucent bat tops!

At some point I stumbled upon a youtube video of a gentleman breaking down the UD-USB and what it is, what it can do etc and in this video he mentioned that there was an individual on Arcade-Projects.com that custom makes the type of harnesses/splitters required to split the controls so that you can use both the original controls and the UD-USB devices simultaneously. However, the Arcade1Up cabs are not your standard cabs with standard Jamma controls like original CPS2. With that being said I am currently in an Arcade1Up discord server with an active Marvel 1 community, and a gentlemen by the name of WebHead actually got Undamned working perfectly by powering the device using a 5v pin from an unused trackball port on A1U's mvc1 control board. So far really exciting stuff, and I can't wait to expand on this amazing cab with Undamned allowing people to use any controller they wish as well as the default/stock controls! :)

I would link to the discord server but I don't know if that is a breach of community rules/guidelines on advertising or something, but they host tournaments for quite a few A1U titles regularly and the community seems to be growing, if anyone is interested you can DM me and I'll hit you up with the link!

With that being said who is this mysterious person who makes harnesses for undamned?!! :O

Last edited:
Welcome! I am sure you will lots of helpful people and info here.

You will find few guys who might be able to help, no one specific that I recall exactly with what you want.
You can try @Lemony Vengeance, he is sort of our lead harness maker here, but there are a few other guys that will most likely do what you want.

Welcome! I am sure you will lots of helpful people and info here.

You will find few guys who might be able to help, no one specific that I recall exactly with what you want.
You can try @Lemony Vengeance, he is sort of our lead harness maker here, but there are a few other guys that will most likely do what you want.

Awesome! Yeah I believe we do have at least 1 person from the A1U community that could potentially make the harness for me, but I will definitely try to reach out if that somehow falls through. Thanks a lot

:thumbup:

I got into Marvel Vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes really late in the game around 2006. Fell in love with the game when I laid eyes on it at the Laundromat of all places!
Welcome!

That’s the game that got me back into arcade fighting games in high school. Played the snot out of it at a local pizzeria.

I have watch your videos and manage to get play to you last 2011 and now still been watching some of your plays

Welcome to AP

Back