What's new

dankey kang

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello-
I am more of the 80's arcade generation but getting interested in viewlix clones with 1080p monitor.
Does anyone know the typical total price when buying from china. Thank you!

Last edited:
you might be really well served to get an actual Vewlix at this point! There's a few importers that have good ones. The quality jump might really be worth it to you!

you might be really well served to get an actual Vewlix at this point! There's a few importers that have good ones. The quality jump might really be worth it to you!

Thank you friend. I'm looking for a new cabinet. Can a new vewlix be found for similar price to a new chewlix? From what I have read online a new viewlix starts around $3K which is way more than I want to invest in an arcade machine.

Brand new? Maybe. I bought a used one from him and it was in great shape and works like a charm

Taito hasn’t made Vewlix cabinets new in years; if you are looking for one of the new Chinese clones (usually called Chewlixes) then I’m not sure he’s your guy. That being said, you can get a good quality working Vewlix from him and clean it up to your hearts content. If you are dead set on finding a new in box real Vewlix I wish you the best of luck, you’ll likely be paying a high price for it.

to elaborate on what Battlesmurf is saying: various used Vewlix models range from ~$1500 - $3000+. Chewlix prices have been going up recently, i saw someone selling them in a facebook group for £1,200 (roughly $1,300). there's no guarantee but real Vewlix's generally nicer in build quality and are more collectible in the long term, so they are more likely to hold their value. i'm not a person who's in the hobby as an investment but the consideration that i can get what i spend back out of it worst case scenario certainly helped me jump in.

Thank you all for the insights, as you can tell I'm brand new. I had no idea vewlix were no longer being built.
Gonna be chewlix then. What is the price range I should expect to pay including shipping?

No one can really answer the shipping question with an exact figure. Depends on where you live vs where who you're buying from lives. Ballpark 600-800 to ship a cab right now. Much less to tack on a second one than ship one solo.

Chewlixes seem to be running around 1200 from what I've seen lately.

But you're going to have to be picky because there are far more factors on buying a chewlix since they come in all manner of different types. Most can't be rotated, some are REALLY poor build quality while others are fine enough. The majority of them have awful screens though some of the newer ones in the nicer Chewlixes aren't horrible.

It's honestly easier and in most cases more sensible to just buy an actual Vewlix. Just because it's not new doesn't mean it is junk. Plus you're FAR more likely to get your money back if you ever sell it down the line.

only NEW vewlix i saw was a diamond black for over 6000 usd
You missed the great 1up'ing of Christmas... 2019? 2018? Where two of our importers got a little too competitive in a bit of a back and forth dropping NIB Vewlix black prices to STUPID low levels.

You missed the great 1up'ing of Christmas... 2019? 2018? Where two of our importers got a little too competitive in a bit of a back and forth dropping NIB Vewlix black prices to STUPID low levels.

I knew I should have bought it then haha, it was like 2k but I had no space so just passed up once in a lifetime deal.

I see I have been summoned.

Yeah I dont think Taito even sells brand new Vewlix's anymore the cost would be much higher compared to a used unit of a newer similar model anyways.

The newer models aren't usually that beat up diamond blacks and oranges. I got a couple I am buying for a container next year and the photos I got looked pretty decent. You could have some light scrapes and signs of wear but nothing too crazy the monitors aren't old enough on them to have any severe issues either.

I dont deal in Chewlixes you have to talk to someone else for those, I dont really wanna deal with the hassle of making sure chinese manufactures follow a high quality spec and taking that kind of gamble. Last "rumor"? thing I heard was all the manufacturers making Chewlix that actually did a really decent job decided to cheapen up their designs and materials and eliminated some features.
Beltmann quotes about 600 to 800 USD across the US per machine with dimensional style weight class similar to that of a CRT candy (includes vewlix). The bulk of the cost of their delivery comes from the initial billing so adding say a second cab only adds like what 100 to 200 dollars to the billing total.

Probably looking at about 580 to 610 depending how close you are to me for a single machine.

If you live in NC I have personally delivered cabinets and will try to beat Beltmann's price a little to save you some cash.
The cheapest option would be ofc in person pickup.

Thank you friend. What is the price range for the Vewlix you import?

I see I have been summoned.

Yeah I dont think Taito even sells brand new Vewlix's anymore the cost would be much higher compared to a used unit of a newer similar model anyways.

The newer models aren't usually that beat up diamond blacks and oranges. I got a couple I am buying for a container next year and the photos I got looked pretty decent. You could have some light scrapes and signs of wear but nothing too crazy the monitors aren't old enough on them to have any severe issues either.

I dont deal in Chewlixes you have to talk to someone else for those, I dont really wanna deal with the hassle of making sure chinese manufactures follow a high quality spec and taking that kind of gamble. Last "rumor"? thing I heard was all the manufacturers making Chewlix that actually did a really decent job decided to cheapen up their designs and materials and eliminated some features.
Beltmann quotes about 600 to 800 USD across the US per machine with dimensional style weight class similar to that of a CRT candy (includes vewlix). The bulk of the cost of their delivery comes from the initial billing so adding say a second cab only adds like what 100 to 200 dollars to the billing total.

Probably looking at about 580 to 610 depending how close you are to me for a single machine.

If you live in NC I have personally delivered cabinets and will try to beat Beltmann's price a little to save you some cash.
The cheapest option would be ofc in person pickup.

A new Vewlix Diamond Black seems to be going for about $4,500. If you can find one. Plus shipping.
@GeekMan1222 's supplier seems to have cabinets in really good condition. If I didn't want a classic CRT cab so much I'd jump on that myself.

Someday I will likely try and get a pair of these though. This is too nice a setup not to.
https://i.imgur.com/cL4nFCH.jpeg

Back