What's new
Awesome set-up! Great looking cabs. I can't wait to challenge you to Puzzle Bobble!

Awesome set-up! Great looking cabs. I can't wait to challenge you to Puzzle Bobble!
3131B8D7-FDEC-4881-A83E-1DE0C9EE0816.jpeg
haha yes please PM me your cel/text and I’ll make sure to send an invite to the next meet. Just had one this past Saturday. (3) top tier Puzzle Bobble players were present.. Shadowkn55, his friend Andrew and myself. Were playing head to head on linked up E2’s…but if there are more players, we can always unlink and run them separately or play on the Neo Geo Big Red :)

Thanks my bro! I've been mainly AutoX with SCCA and local events . Been dry with the tracking bug for the longest time. Itching to come back strong with all the speed venture notification coming through for HPDE's, AutoX, and hot laps. :D.

Really pushing me to finish my IX lol.

Awesome build. very impressed, no joke when jumping in 100% I'm loving your journey in such a short time.

Tell me about this Hobby. I'm fairly new to arcades and it's just as expensive. I probably could have finishe the IX!!!! lol.
Thank you for the kind words Hyp36rmax. I love both hobbies, but if I had to choose to stay with just (1), it would be the games.

I’m (51) so grew up with games all my life, whereas I’ve only been into modding and tracking the car for (2) years..

I’ve been to numerous car meets and gaming meets and I find the arcade meets are much more fun.

Cars and hardcore arcade collecting are both expensive endeavors. I probably have over $100k invested in each 😭

Though I love arcade games, it’s a frustrating hobby for dedicated classics as they break down and need repairs. If don’t keep up on things, a person can quickly have a collection of non working games…which is a bummer.

Fortunately it seems the newer Japanese Candy Cabs are much more reliable.

I’ve been hosting arcade meets here in Fullerton pretty regularly for the past couple months. If you’d like to cruise by, play games and talk to fellow arcade collectors please pm your cel/text and I’ll shoot you an invite to the next one :)

Though I love arcade games, it’s a frustrating hobby for dedicated classics as they break down and need repairs. If don’t keep up on things, a person can quickly have a collection of non working games…which is a bummer.
For a lot of folks the repair and maintenance is a satisfying part of the hobby but I can see that being frustrating with a collection the size of yours.

For a lot of folks the repair and maintenance is a satisfying part of the hobby but I can see that being frustrating with a collection the size of yours.
C44C3993-7BCB-468F-85F6-76E20ACF44C9.jpeg
554A5DEB-663A-4138-9172-4BCA94B9DB51.jpeg
43C845D2-E780-4191-940B-169C7614EA46.jpeg
B8E2A81C-294E-4719-977F-271C8021B221.jpeg
I like working on games also but wish I knew more on the electronics and monitor repair end.

When I lost interest in (2013) it seemed every time I’d host an arcade meet, a game or (2) would fail, which was frustrating as so much effort, time and $$$ had already been spent gone getting all the games fixed and restored. There was (1) brief moment in time where they were all operational.

Experienced several setbacks before I called it quits for awhile.

1. Got a new job that was extremely demanding on my time and became the OCD obsession for awhile.

2. My kid’s soccer club ran into trouble and needed me to step up as a volunteer board member while managing both of my son’s teams. Did this for (4+) years. Same as above.

3. The $2k wall AC unit crapped out and had to replace with a better AC mini split unit… but that took time to decided whether or not to move forward. Got it done about (2) months ago…

4. The garage roof developed a leak and rain water dripped onto this Pole Position cab, ruining the artwork and killing the game. This one incident probably was the nail in the coffin at the time as had to push all the other games aside to save them from the same fate.

Now that I’m back gung go and all, spent the entire day going through it cleaning out all the mold that accumulated. Replaced ruined artwork and began reattaching T-molding. Good news is after the T-molding is done, all that is needed is a working PCB and the game will be fixed ready to go, so I’ll be down to (9) non working games from a high of (21) just a couple months ago, heh.

Best of all, the games have been holding up well over the (5) meets I’ve hosted so the workload isn’t increasing. Knock on wood haha

Fullerton, nice! Downtown is awesome lol. Great collection! Torrance/Gardena resident here. :)

Fullerton, nice! Downtown is awesome lol. Great collection! Torrance/Gardena resident here. :)
Thank you appreciate it. We are about (5) minutes from the downtown area.

When I host, there are usually a person or (2) from the Torrance area. You’d be welcome to join us :)

When I host, there are usually a person or (2) from the Torrance area. You’d be welcome to join us :)
Will take you up one day on the offer :) .
Thanks brother and welcome again!

Wife gave the green light to host this Friday. Thinking 12p - midnight if anyone is interested in braving SoCal traffic to cruise Fullerton to play some games lmk :)

Last edited:

Roscoes in Downtown has KILLER sandwiches!! Used to go there after riding the Fullerton Loop!!

Back