What's new

Kujako

Grand Master
Reaction score
So I have a Ringendge 2 that needs it's heatsink replaced. This requires pulling the motherboard. I have all of the visible screws removed, but it still seems anchored around the CPU socket... what am I missing?
IMG_0973.jpg

Last edited:
I would hazard I guess that those 3 Torx screws in your pic could be holding it in place, I stripped mine about a year ago and do recall a similar issue.

I would hazard I guess that those 3 Torx screws in your pic could be holding it in place, I stripped mine about a year ago and do recall a similar issue.
Hum... generally those are just anchor plates for the socket. But I guess I can try removing them...

Edit: Nope, and now the backplate dropped off. But, I did get the motherboard out. Seems it was just stuck. There are large (1/2 inch) rubber feet that seem to have bonded a bit with the case. So just needed a good wiggle. Reattaching the dropped plate was easy once the board was out.

Last edited:
@Kujako what process did you follow to reattach the fan and heat sink? Do you just clean off the thermal past and put down new stuff?

@Kujako what process did you follow to reattach the fan and heat sink? Do you just clean off the thermal past and put down new stuff?
That's the plan, waiting on a new cooler to arrive today (basic thermaltake model). Cleaned off the old thermal paste with qtips and isopropyl.

Back