IMG_5614.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5611.jpeg
    IMG_5611.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5612.jpeg
    IMG_5612.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 56
I recently bought a New Net City cabinet a few days ago, and it’s my first cabinet. I bought it for use with both 15K and 31K, and 15K works like a charm… however, it seems to not be able to take a 31K signal for some reason, even though it’s a Net City :p
Above is the image that results when I put in a 31K signal (Naomi). From what I’ve searched of online, this cabinet should be tri-sync, and auto-detects the resolution :(( I also can’t find any dip-switches to change the resolution like the Blast City. Any help whatsoever would be highly appreciated. Thanks

If its using a Pureflat chassis like factory (D29) it wont have dip switches to change that stuff it automatically finds the correct setting.

The remote board on this cabinet seems different from a normal D29 though can you get a better photo of it?
If this was a blast chassis (Ms2930/31) for example the dip switches for resolution would be where I marked.

1697737250068.png

Here it is. No dip switches in sight 😔

Attachments

• IMG_5621.jpeg
    IMG_5621.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5623.jpeg
    IMG_5623.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 48
Yeah thats no bueno thats not the stock chassis for for a New Net at all.

If the tube is a flat tube though theres hope. Check the part number on the tube and if its still the original flat tube you can just source a D29 and put in the cabinet.

Thanks a lot! Though I’m still a complete beginner to this, so I’m not too sure exactly where to look for the part number of the tube. It looks very flat and not curved at all from the outside though, so I think it’s the D29. I also sent this picture before, these stickers are found on the top metal part of the CRT, not sure if that’s the part number though. Are you saying it would work if I changed the chassis to the default New Net City chassis, given that the tube is the D29?

Attachments

• IMG_5612.jpeg
    IMG_5612.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 38
part number of the tube.
D29 isn't a tube designation of any sort.

The part number would be on the tube. It's a big sticker usually going up and down on one side of the neck or the other.

The sticker on the frame just tells you what shipped attached to the frame, won't tell you a thing about what's happened the past 20 years unfortunately.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/6/6e/Toshiba_bonded.jpg

Expect something like this (though may or may not be Toshiba). You want the long Axxxxxxxxx number.

More info here:
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/CRT_designation_systems

If it’s a Toshiba PB 7534 chassis, then it’s tri sync.
The Toshiba PB 7534 was used in the Konami Windy II.

Could be that somewhere along the way they changed the tube and chassis combo, but we need some close up pics of the chassis to confirm this.

According to @invzim, a tri sync helper would resolve your issues with 31khz but I don’t know if he has more of those in stock.
https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/konami-windy-ii/

Does your chassis look like this?
Top view of Toshiba PB 7534 chassis (Best I could find….)
IMG_2375.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry for the long wait! Here are some pictures I took. Is this the D29? And is the “chassis” supposed to be the pcb under the electron gun like my photos here? I’m not too sure

Attachments

• IMG_5647.jpeg
    IMG_5647.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5641.jpeg
    IMG_5641.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5639.jpeg
    IMG_5639.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5644.jpeg
    IMG_5644.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 39
Sorry for the long wait! Here are some pictures I took. Is this the D29? And is the “chassis” supposed to be the pcb under the electron gun like my photos here? I’m not too sure
Chassis is the PCB under the electron gun, but I need bigger pictures ,closer up to the PCB to ID this chassis.

Sorry for the crappy pictures 😅

Attachments

• IMG_5652.jpeg
    IMG_5652.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5651.jpeg
    IMG_5651.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 34
Your tube number is original to that cabinet though as far as I know. So If you want to restore the cabinet back to a tri sync D29 monitor you need to find one of the Toshiba chassis's to pair with it.

Otherwise you cant run 31khz signals into that monitor chassis you have now.
If your using something like a Naomi you can change the resolution mode to 15khz and still use it you just wont have 31khz high res

So one of these should work.

Toshiba PB9929
Toshiba PD1843
Toshiba PD2367
Toshiba PE0493

Thanks a lot for all the help guys! I really appreciate it! I contacted the seller and he’ll try to find the New Net City chassis for me. In the meantime, I’ll enjoy myself some 15K content! You guys really saved me as I was feeling desperate.

Attachments

• IMG_5659.jpeg
    IMG_5659.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 34
Back