What's new

bravesirchris

Student
Reaction score
I've just got in a point blank with a graphic issue on it, has anyone seen this before? and dose anyone have any advice on how to sort this issue.

Attachments

• PB2.jpg
    PB2.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 97
  • PB3.jpg
    PB3.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 90
  • pointblank.jpg
    pointblank.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 91
In my experience jail-bars on sprites on just about any PCB is often a problem with the data lines on the graphics ROM, or at least that's a good place to start. Given this is Namco NB hardware and the "Object" ROMs are all SOP chips, start by putting pressure on those chips to see if the issue resolves itself and if so reflow the problem chip. Since the Object ROMs are on their own sub-PCB you can visually inspect the connector.

if you have another Namco NB-1 PCB you could swap the ROMs, security chips and sub-board to a known working Mobo and confirm that the issue is related to the object sub-board.or mobo.

is often a problem with the data lines on the graphics ROM, or at least that's a good place to start.
Yeah the romboard is fed by a custom and goes back into the ram in the middle. The romboards seem to last longer than the ram.
Also another thing on this board, it gets capacitor leak similar to the NA1 :(

@videotronicsuk sent one here with a similar problem, still trying to solve.
Romboard OK , custom feeding the romboard is ok so it's something on the jungle of ram and 273's - dead line / dead ram / LS very hard to narrow down :(

hay @IMACOMPUTA yes we do resolve this issue but it wasn't me who fixed the board i will speak to the guy who fixed it and let you know.

Back