What's new
Look, you have everything running fine but the C-ROM(sprite layer) related stuff (the NEO GEO logo at the eyecatcher screen is made of sprites, the text and the SNK logo are FIX tiles).

So just focus on the traces between the B01 chip and the slot connector as I said previously. Messing around anywhere else you're just wasting your time and risking break things that are currently fine.

Look, you have everything running fine but the C-ROM(sprite layer) related stuff (the NEO GEO logo at the eyecatcher screen is made of sprites, the text and the SNK logo are FIX tiles).

So just focus on the traces between the B01 chip and the slot connector as I said previously. Messing around anywhere else you're just wasting your time and risking break things that are currently fine.
I ended up fucking up some traces but managed to junp all of the damaged traces with continuity. Now I have video that looks almost perfect but now it has some vertical lines while scaling and a red dotted line that appears on the left. any ideas? have a look but look closely. thanks
View: https://youtu.be/Ze-urDmZP9Q

Last edited:
I said, no? "Pop a cartridge open and make sure you check the purple marked pins traces between the NEO-ZMC2 chip on the CHA board to NEO B1 chip on the mainboard."

Edit1:Common sense would call you to keep browsing that wiki and look for the NEO B1 chip pinout?

Edit2: Turns out the only pins which the B1 chip receives are the multiplexed dot output (GAD0-GAD3/GBD0-GBD3) which are not on the purple marked group. Actually the other pins come from LSPC-A2 as it is what controls the timing for the display. My bad here.

Signals of interest:

H: When high, reverse bit order of pixels shifted out (used for sprites horizontal flipping)
EVEN: Swap A/B pixels.

DOTA: High when pixel A is opaque (color > 0)
DOTB: High when pixel B is opaque (color > 0)

Last edited:
I said, no? "Pop a cartridge open and make sure you check the purple marked pins traces between the NEO-ZMC2 chip on the CHA board to NEO B1 chip on the mainboard."

Edit1:Common sense would call you to keep browsing that wiki and look for the NEO B1 chip pinout?

Edit2: Turns out the only pins which the B1 chip receives are the multiplexed dot output (GAD0-GAD3/GBD0-GBD3) which are not on the purple marked group. Actually the other pins come from LSPC-A2 as it is what controls the timing for the display. My bad here.

Signals of interest:

H: When high, reverse bit order of pixels shifted out (used for sprites horizontal flipping)
EVEN: Swap A/B pixels.

DOTA: High when pixel A is opaque (color > 0)
DOTB: High when pixel B is opaque (color > 0)
I appreciate the help. I understand it can be frustrating explaining things to people like me that lack the knowledge. I've tried following the schematics but I'm not entirely sure I'm reading them correctly. There some traces that seem go underneath the B1 from the cart slot and then a few traces that come from the LSPC A2 (underneath) to the top of the board and down to where I had the corrsion. I jumped most of the damaged traces in that area. So its either under the B1 or the remaining traces(they have continuity) around where the corrsion was as far as I can tell. Please bare with me as I am learning. I will report back thanks

Will help you greatly if you either have pictures of the involved chips pinouts from the wiki or if you print them on paper for reference. Then you just follow the names. Some of these signals pass through multiple chips and having them disconnected at one end would result on just minor glitches. Hence why the traces need to be thoroughly probed.

Will help you greatly if you either have pictures of the involved chips pinouts from the wiki or if you print them on paper for reference. Then you just follow the names. Some of these signals pass through multiple chips and having them disconnected at one end would result on just minor glitches. Hence why the traces need to be thoroughly probed.
Yes I'm going to have to go back and probe every trace again. I haven't had time lately. I'll try later today. Thanks for all the help.

Back