Tiny bags of cocaine.Do you know what the empty places are good for?I have opened both PSUs and the only difference I have found is that one of them uses 2x Chemi-con KY 1000uF 16V while the other has Capxon GL 1000uF 16V. The known bad caps on these PSUs are Capxon and Jamicon but I'll also replace Samxon.
Looking for ripple current and impedance in the datasheets I have found these possible alternatives with very similar characteristics:
- Capxon GL 10x25 1000µF 16V Ripple: 1180 Impedance: 50mΩ
- Capxon GL 10x12.5 470µF 16V Ripple: 722 Impedance: 95mΩ
- Capxon GS 10x15 22µF 50V
- Capxon KM 47µF 50V
- Jamicon TK 1µF 50V
- Jamicon TK 4.7µF 50V
- Samxon LP 220µF 250V
- Samxon KM 2.2µF 50V
- Panasonic FC 1000µF 16V 10x25 Ripple: 1440 Impedance: 45mΩ
- Panasonic FC 470µF 16V 10x12.5 Ripple: 755 Impedance: 90mΩ
- Rubycon YXM 22µF 50V
- Rubycon YXM 47µF 50V
- Rubycon YXM 1µF 50V or Rubycon YXF/YXJ 1µF 50V
- Rubycon YXM 4.7µF 50V
- Rubycon YXM 2.2µF 50V
- Rubycon VXH 390µF 250V or Nippon Chemi-con KMQ 220µF 250V
If you mess with PSUs please be sure the capacitors are fully discharged before touching its legs.
Voltages look good, but +12v was reading +15v... Is that expected without load?