What's new
Start with the wiring bc that splice looks really dodgy. Do you have a multimeter and can check connectivity ? On the monitor chassis, you want to disconnect the video input cable and verify that you can get a solid connection from the JAMMA pins to that video input cable connector. Having a bad video ground (JAMMA-14) or bad video sync (JAMMA-P) can certainly cause that behavior you're seeing. Don't think of capping the chassis as a waste, it eliminates one of the many possible issues that will show up in the future. Once I recapped my GMK29FS3, it is easily my favorite monitor for older Irem and MVS titles, better even than a fresh MS9 IMO. I would try and eliminate those shitty screw terminal blocks in you video chain. Go all crimped or solder and you will save yourself so many headaches.

Start with the wiring bc that splice looks really dodgy. Do you have a multimeter and can check connectivity ? On the monitor chassis, you want to disconnect the video input cable and verify that you can get a solid connection from the JAMMA pins to that video input cable connector. Having a bad video ground (JAMMA-14) or bad video sync (JAMMA-P) can certainly cause that behavior you're seeing. Don't think of capping the chassis as a waste, it eliminates one of the many possible issues that will show up in the future. Once I recapped my GMK29FS3, it is easily my favorite monitor for older Irem and MVS titles, better even than a fresh MS9 IMO. I would try and eliminate those shitty screw terminal blocks in you video chain. Go all crimped or solder and you will save yourself so many headaches.
Thank you for the swift response. TBH im very angry not at sharp image, because i know his intentions are good. But I will take your advice, what if i wanted to just elimate the process of diagnosing, could i replace the whole cable? i can send a pic of it.

Replacing the whole cable is going to be more of a pain. You would need to build it or hit up one of the cable builders on here. Even with someone to make the cable, you are going to have a hard time finding the crimp pins for the JST JAMMA connector. What it looks like is the cable got damaged and was repaired in a no solder / no crimp method. Get the terminal block out of there and look what you got to repair. Its 5 wires - Red, Green, Blue, White, Black. You will need to identify those 5 wires on each side of the break. Then pick your poison:

-Get some shrink tube, solder, and an iron and patch up those 5 wire
-Get some crimps and a wire-to-wire connector of your choosing. Something in the JST line would be fitting of the cab, and crimp the male-female pins and connectorize it at the break.

But with the problem of sourcing the JAMMA crimp pins, that really kills any replacement options, so you are somewhat stuck repairing in place.

Look at the two big heatsink at side of the flyback just at side of the last one you will find a trim pot, with a Japanese kanji script , that it is the pincushion pot or "saido pin"

Look at the two big heatsink at side of the flyback just at side of the last one you will find a trim pot, with a Japanese kanji script , that it is the pincushion pot or "saido pin"
Found it but it wont change anything. Maybe its bad?

Back