What's new

Brivs Mekis

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, I'm playing HOTD4 with a Revolution X analogue gun, and cannot get HOTD4 to recognise a 'gun shake'.

As a result I can't progress any further than the part where you are stuck in a lift with a tentacle attacking you, the only way through is to open the door with a gun shake but no matter what I do it won't register.

The controls are working fine apart from this.
Anyone come across this?

Thanks.

The gun shake is detected by an accelerometer in the gun, if you've not got anything connected to that input it won't work.

I think though, if you can find the pin that the acceleometer is connected to and apply some sort of voltage to it, you may be able to trick the game into thinking you're shaking the gun.

I can't 100% remember, but I'm sure there was a way around it as I've played HOTD4 before without the accelerometer - I'm going to get all my lindy stuff out soon, so i'll have a look for you.

Maybe you could just wire up the x/y axis of the gun io to the pins that are used for the accelerometer. I take the accelerometer board just Feeds into the analogue ports of the I/O. Have to hook up my Lindy to test that.

That would be great if either of you could try and let me know please? Appreciate the help.

results are in. And it works. I got the best results with the HOTD4 version with off screen reload. When I was using the version that would reload 'on shake' it was constantly reloading which slows down the fire rate and is just annoying to play. The offscreen reload version runs great and the shakes can be simulated by wiggling the gun. Works for the first boss and also the occasional zombie that grabs you.

So what did I do. The gun i/o x/y signals go into the analogue channels 0/1 for player 1 and 2/3 for player 2. The signals from the accelerometer go into channel 4 for x shake and channel 5 for y shake of player 1. So this means:

i/o Board Channels:
0 = P1 Gun X axis
1 = P1 Gun Y axis
2 = P2 Gun X axis
3 = P2 Gun Y axis
4 = P1 Shake X axis
5 = P1 Shake Y axis
6 = P2 Shake X axis
7 = P2 Shake Y axis

as I run my setup on a naomi universal, I just made an adapter that would mirror the signals from the P1 analogue connector into the P2 analogue connector. On a normal gun setup, just the P1 analogue connector is used for both players. For HOTD4 you also need a second button to throw grenades. As I am using the Virtua Cop 3 guns, I was able to use the weapon switch button for that. You could also wire up a cheap pedal to support that function.

Thanks for testing this. I am using the S-JIHP from @Mitsurugi-w so I think this means I need to connect P1 pin 10 and 11 to P2 pin 10 and 11. I could do that on the board itself or probably easier doing it between the terminals on my DB25 breakout connectors.
I'll give it a try.

Actually, you can probably get away with just doing the X axis, I'll have a try when I get some time

Ok so that works a treat, using the off screen reload version, wiring pin 10 to pin 10, now I can get past the first level haha.

Thanks so much.

cool, thanks for checking on your end.

Thanks for testing this. I am using the S-JIHP from @Mitsurugi-w so I think this means I need to connect P1 pin 10 and 11 to P2 pin 10 and 11. I could do that on the board itself or probably easier doing it between the terminals on my DB25 breakout connectors.
I'll give it a try.
Sorry I don't understand. What do you mean by P1 pin 10 connected to P2 pin 10 on S-JIHP ? Where is located pin 10 please ?
Thank you.

Sorry I don't understand. What do you mean by P1 pin 10 connected to P2 pin 10 on S-JIHP ? Where is located pin 10 please ?
Thank you.
OK, I understood after testing my Revolution X gun wiring : when playing Hotd4 offscreen version you only need AD0 to be wired to pin 10 and AD1 to pin 11 on DB25 adpater. Then shake works simply.

t would be better to get a sensor board from ali-express - they sell them for arduino's etc.
or use a tilt switch so you point the gun upwards to reload.

Everyone has his own way of doing things, this is mine I like to do.

Back