What's new

Harineto

Student
Reaction score
Out of interest I was wondering how many watts CPS2 takes when running.

If anyone know would love to hear. Also, if you have the watts stats for CPS3 that would be great. From my understanding CPS3 uses less power.

I'm just making sure the PSU I have will be enough for CPS2 and 3.

Thank you @nem I will be using the Supergun-mini with this PSU should it be ok for CPS2 and 3?

Attachments

• IMG_8442.jpeg
    IMG_8442.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 37
Got it setup. CPS2 with Darksoft uses around 35Watts (Playing Alpha 2).

MVS 1 slot uses 14 Watts (Playing Garou)

=O

If that's true then the Darksoft CPS2 exceeds the maximum output of the PSU. Did you measure the voltages under load?

Got it setup. CPS2 with Darksoft uses around 35Watts (Playing Alpha 2).

MVS 1 slot uses 14 Watts (Playing Garou)

=O
I can't comment on the CPS-2, but last time I checked the MV-1C with a Garou cart, it drew around 800mA on +5V, and around 70mA on +12V (attenuated audio, connected to amplified speakers), that's less than 5W total.

Huh, that's good to know. I've been using a Mean Well RT-125A with my superguns, but I hate how bulky the thing was. I kinda just dealt with it, but it seems like I might be able to just use a RT-65A or 85A and enclose both the supergun and power supply into one unit to make it more manageable. I generally stick to MVS, CPS2 and Atomiswave.

I have an RT-65A and can attest it runs all of those systems without problems. I haven’t tried something really power hungry like S16 but I think it would be fine

If that's true then the Darksoft CPS2 exceeds the maximum output of the PSU. Did you measure the voltages under load?

Yup, this was under load measuring at the wall with Watt Meter.
I can't comment on the CPS-2, but last time I checked the MV-1C with a Garou cart, it drew around 800mA on +5V, and around 70mA on +12V (attenuated audio, connected to amplified speakers), that's less than 5W total.

At the wall the MV1AX was using only MAX 14Watts. I have one of the 163-1 Ver 3 Carts.

Back