What's new

maxdoutex

Beginner
Reaction score
I recently got a Hyper NeoGeo 64 and some games. The issue is that the textures on all the 3d models are corrupted in some way it seems. It's like it doesn't cover the models completely and is missing lines. A bit hard to describe so I have a video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8en55yvFT2E

The video output is otherwise fine. Any 2D assets seem to be as intended. Games are all playable just to various levels of how much of an eyesore this can be.

This occurs with all four games I own, not just Buriki One.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

What do you measure with a multimeter on your 5v power line, measured at the jamma edge, while under the hng’s load (i.e. turned on and plugged in)?

What does the Memory Test in the Service Menu come back with?

Screenshot 2023-07-06 154459.png

If that doesn’t work - I know this sounds weird but is your pcb set mounted vertically in your cab? And does changing its orientation (like running it flat on the ground) change things?

It's already running flat since I only have a supergun.

When tested with the previous owner it was also laying flat in the cab.
I did just try to have it vertically since you can with the case on it it and all, and still having the same issue.

Sorry to hear that it's still acting up after cleaning.

Since the graphics corruption is happening with all four games, I think your next best option is to buy another Hyper Neo-Geo 64 baseboard and try your games with it. If they work fine with another baseboard then you can look into getting the glitching baseboard repaired. It'll likely need the video RAM chips diagnosed and/or replaced.

To that end, you can run tests on scroll ram, palette ram, sprite ram, and both 3d ram banks in test mode (at least in fatal fury, I just tried in mame). Boot up a game and hit the test button, then go to Memory Test

Back