What's new
Is the game suppossed to be available only to Patreons or for everybody? I cant see a download link.

Looks cool, my first thought was this would be awesome with a spinner…then I read the Patreon and found out it has spinner support! Though the spinner board hasn’t been produced yet

@Darksoft helped process the Hypernoid MAME files into Muti-compatible files and I’ve played it for the last hour. It’s definitely a well-executed homebrew title-it looks, sounds and plays great. Definitely recommended for any ball-and-paddle game fans.
9A0D9B76-910B-4C93-83BE-5063BCE96A39.jpegFFAC3D78-13B1-4EA8-BE39-3391573AB09E.jpegDF7D025D-62CC-453B-B7FC-6BA3F2414D90.jpeg

Looks like a great game. Thanks for the heads up, and good work on getting it converted for the MultiMVS.

I played it around an hour or something (got lost in time) and I must say I relay like it! It’s not like any other Neo Geo title and it’s not eating your credits but it is fun an really polished. I recommend it :D

I don't wanna be hated but, do we really needed an "arkanoid" on the neo geo? looks dull to me

I don't wanna be hated but, do we really needed an "arkanoid" on the neo geo? looks dull to me
The developer explained that it's kinda the game he could make.

He was trying a more ambitious project, a clone of In the Hunt (which I would love to see finished), when he realized he wasn't up to completing it. He needed some more practice and to develop his skills more.

He had ahead already made a simple paddle game in the past, so he went back to what he knew how to do, but expanded it greatly.

Hypernoid was a learning experience and I would image will be a spring board for the developer to take on or complete more ambitious work.

The end result is a really polished and well playing game. I'm not a huge arkanoid/breakout fan but I'm a big fan of this game.

Edit: Corrected the name of the game the more ambitious project was/is based on.

Last edited:
On my Omega with virtual memory card, I saved my progress at level 33. I can start at level 33 now. I like this a lot.

On MiSTer when my game ended, it did not ask me to save. I have the memory card enabled and I use the memory card often.

Anyone have any experience using the MiSTer memory card functionality with this game?

Back