What's new
Want To Buy

skate323k137

Enlightened
Reaction score
Edit, was able to fix one, so I'm no longer looking to trade. Original thread follows.

Hey y'all

I am sitting on my last two 20 inch PVMs, and unfortunately, simply have not had the time or drive to work on them. BOTH HAVE ISSUES.

Monitor 1 powers on, but sync is messed up. The OSD displays fine for the service menu etc., but the image will not sync, so it appears scrambled behind the service menu
Monitor 2 stopped powering on; I had been using it off an on for a few years, not a lot of hours, have not investigated the cause at all.

The last few working ones on ebay sold for around $2000 each. Ones with "Deep scratches" in the tube sold for over 1000 USD each. The glass on these looks great, I always protected it when moving, and never noticed any burn-in when using them.

So here is where I am at; I am not really trying to sell these. And if I work on them, I may just keep one or both. I would be amazed if a competent tech couldn't fix at least one of these, and likely could fix both if no parts were needed from one for the other. I am good with arcade monitors, but I am not a professional PVM tech, so if someone who values these as much as retail or even close to it wants to go through the trouble of getting these to someone for repair, I would love to move them along.

What I would like:

An HD Cabinet, preferably JVS IO or JVS IO ready, but primarily I will probably want to use it for the X3 multi so maybe I could kinda look at the fast IO route if that's what comes up.

So yeah... on the off chance you want to make this trade happen, let me know. A long shot, but hey, ya never know :)

I am located near Grand Rapids, MI.

dqTTd5B.jpg

Last edited:
GLWTS/GLWTT, but, just out of curiosity since I ran into this same issue with a pvm I used to have:

Monitor 1 powers on, but sync is messed up. The OSD displays fine for the service menu etc., but the image will not sync, so it appears scrambled behind the service menu

Specifically, have you tried adjusting the H FREQ in the service menu? Was connecting an extron to one of mine one day that used to sync totally fine with consoles prior to that, then something tripped it and it set the H FREQ out of whack without any kind of notice. Took me forever to realise it had adjusted that setting for whatever reason, but, sure enough, that did the trick and all of my other scart systems were syncing just fine again after dialing the H FREQ back in.

GLWTS/GLWTT, but, just out of curiosity since I ran into this same issue with a pvm I used to have:

Specifically, have you tried adjusting the H FREQ in the service menu? Was connecting an extron to one of mine one day that used to sync totally fine with consoles prior to that, then something tripped it and it set the H FREQ out of whack without any kind of notice. Took me forever to realise it had adjusted that setting for whatever reason, but, sure enough, that did the trick and all of my other scart systems were syncing just fine again after dialing the H FREQ back in.
You son of a bitch 😃 😀 😄 thank you!

Guess I will keep these then. I can hunt for a HD cab another day.

Attachments

• 20220305_193652.jpg
    20220305_193652.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 49
You son of a bitch 😃 😀 😄 thank you!

Guess I will keep these then. I can hunt for a HD cab another day.

Very nice!

I had pretty much these exact same model/size pvms, and sold them both bundled with a complete cps3 setup w/ a supergun for 3k as a package deal about a year and change ago. Nowadays, I think I could have gotten significantly more for that bundle. PVMs (esp at this size) are only getting harder to find and stupider in price, so, while it is a fair trade (imo), I'd rather see you have the option to get your bag on em and sell at the right price to grab a cab, if need be 🙏 I'd almost argue it's easier to import and find/afford an hd cab then it is to source pvms of this size nowadays lol.

almost argue it's easier to import and find/afford an hd cab then it is to source pvms of this size nowadays lol.
Haha sadly I have come to the same conclusion.

A HDTV and some arcade sticks will definitely do for now for X3, but man a shiny vewlix sure would be nice.

I hear that man- I've been looking over my options for HDs myself. If you haven't already, I'd do some looking into the PRAS cabs. Sucks that it's only a 1P panel, but the whole cabs gonna have way less hours on it, and for the price of one of those shiny new viewlix oranges, you could almost get 2 PRASs for the same price 🤷‍♂️

Glad you got that one fixed! Nice tip from @GeeDee.
For sure. I swear I had been through the service menu so many times, but it went out right before I bought my house, and life was insanity for... 3ish years? LOL. Anyway, glad it's worked out.

Back